PDA

View Full Version : Please help answer a 747-400! thanks

bochen2k
11th Dec 2002, 16:40
Will B747 be obsolete in 20 years?
To any 747 pilot or experience/knowledgable person :

Just wondering, will the B747 be obsolete in the next 15-20 years or not? (becuase of all the new AIR BUS coming out and the research on MACH 8 flight that NASA is doing, and won't computer AI be smart enough to be autopilot all the way without the need of a actual pilot?) I like the B747 very much and would hate to see it go bye bye, but technology changes everything so I guess my querstion is will pilots be obsolete or even the current Boeing jets themselves? Thanks!

scroggs
11th Dec 2002, 21:14
You have posted this question twice in Wannabes and once here. Could you please try and explain what relevance this question has to either forum? Sonny, in this way you are wasting people's time, which will not go down well.

I have placed one iteration of this post in 'Questions', where it belongs. I don't control this forum, but I doubt this topic will remain here long.

If you wish to have a future within aviation, or even just on Pprune, take time to read and understand the medium you are using before you put your multimedia foot on your metaphorical mouth!