PDA

View Full Version : How many NDBs are there in the UK?

Captain Spunkfarter
11th Dec 2002, 16:24
Well, how many are there?

Plus, imagine you fly directly North from Heathrow, using, the Heathrow NDB (HRW) to maintain a Northerly track (let's suppose it's switched on and really powerful). Next, you intercept the Manchester VOR (MCT) 090 radial, and turn West to track towards it. Over what range of hills are you making the turn?

Gonzo
11th Dec 2002, 17:38
Couldn't you come up with a more original way of increasing your number of posts? :D

Manchester, that's north of Watford, isn't it? Who needs to know about anything up there?:p

Captain Spunkfarter
11th Dec 2002, 18:04
Gonzo, what does NDB stand for? Is it:

N Nancy-boy
D D Watch
B Bender

Looking forward to working with you at the weekend. I'll be the one with the white carnation!
You'll be the one with the bloody awful waistcoat. :D

C U JIMMY
11th Dec 2002, 18:08
You've got far too much time on your hands Captain.
When's the next "Airport" installment? Let me know and I'll bring my pies out of retirement

ComJam
11th Dec 2002, 21:50
How many spotters are there on Prune?! :)

Gonzo
11th Dec 2002, 23:16
I'm not working this weekend, am I?

Nope, just checked, and I'm on leave, sorry Captain, you're going to be stood up! :eek:

You'll have to find someone else to appreciate your carnation!:p

halo
12th Dec 2002, 18:58
I can't believe that you haven't got anything better to do.....

Take me for example....

I'm in Whistler, BC, Canada supposedly on a skiing holiday and after 3 days of skiing the weather turned pants and so now I have to while away my time in internet cafes.... *thinks* Actually, posting on PPrune is a great idea ():-)

See ya all next week bright and early

Oh yeah, tell Left Outer Right Inner that I'm going to see Treblecharger tonight!!
;)

left outer, right inner
12th Dec 2002, 21:44
Halo

LORI hears you loud and clear and is not happy with what he reads!

You could have asked me to come along as well ;) Hope treblecharger are good mate, no, seriously I do:p

Cya soon and I hope the skiing improves!

LORI

Captain Spunkfarter
14th Dec 2002, 09:27
LORI & HALO

Are "Treblecharger" that homosexual youth group band you were telling me about? Yes, now I remember - they play their own banjo strings don't they?

C U JIMMY

How are you Joe Petroni, you old b*stard? You're welcome to come up for a visit to the sharp end for a few pints.

halo
14th Dec 2002, 19:27
Well, I made it to my last day without having a boredom breakdown!! Am now waiting for the bus back to CYVR and then onwards to sunny London. All I can say is that it had better not be snowing over there!!

Dude, I'm really sorry, but Treblecharger sucked!! It was a tiny venue and the sound was pap and they were extremely dull!! :(

Spunkfarter, isn't your favourite band Hanson due for a comeback soon???

See ya all real soon!!! :)

Does anybody know how many VORs and NDBs there are in Canada?? Do they still have NDBs?? Just wondering because the rest of their technology seems to be of a certain vintage ;)

Yellow Snow
15th Dec 2002, 01:15
Halo Take me for example....
Errr.. I'd rather not!
I spoke to the crew on the way out, the skipper said he already knew you were on board, "the one with the velvet cushions who's already exhausted the complimentary KY Jelly supplies before the aircraft had got off the gate"
Seriously I hope you and your partner enjoyed Vanc and I'll see you at the Three Maggies on Tuesday.

Gonzo why no waistcoats for the past few months? Are they hibernating? :confused:

C U Jimmy a legend from 112 good to see you on here, stay away from the Salt and Vinegar and come visit us at the sharp end. Bring your folder
:D

Captain, had a good chat with LORI today if we get him wasted enough on Wednesday he might give us some gossip.:D

Ciao

Gonzo
15th Dec 2002, 09:48
Yellow Snow,

Old waistcoat went in the bin, it was getting a bit worn out!

But don't worry, I'll be wearing my new one tomorrow! :cool:

left outer, right inner
15th Dec 2002, 11:18
Mr. Snow

I really must admire your perseverance, tenacity and sheer dogedness to aquire information from yours truly! However, your attempts have been, and forever will be futile ;)

If you guys are offering to buy me all my beers to get me pi$$ed, I will certainly not argue with that! Alas it will be the last time for a while I will be able to come out with you guys I reckon.....a visit by you all to the pink rinse capital of the south coast is a must!
;)

Halo

Sorry to hear about treblecharger mate; did the KY make the holiday?;)

Gonzo

I hope we all get to see the reindeer antlers again this year...quality;)

Cheers

LORI

Bombay Bad Boy
15th Dec 2002, 12:11
Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding the correct frequency for "titties in a jar" I've been flying around in my old bi-plane in the FIR just flickin through the freq's.... any suggestions ?

I even tried doing the > LHR, travel due north, then hard left to Manch yesterday. Neither TC or CC was happy about my unauthorised airspace penetrations.

Dont worry, Ive covered my tracks!!! I told them I had NDS authorisation from AUS for my new film, gave them dickie ACN numbers, that should confuse the SH*T out of some pen pusher for at least two weeks.

Rumour is Spunkfarter has had NDB & VOR/DME equipment added to the roadster and is in the process of drawing up STAR's for easy road access into work. Is this true ??

"Do you need him?"............"Ciao"

Mr Fiennes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gonzo
15th Dec 2002, 12:20
LORI,

Antlers from Tuesday. :cool:

Yellow Snow
15th Dec 2002, 23:29
LORI

I will be able to come out with you guys

I'm glad after all this time you can trust us with your secret

You know the college is in Bournemouth not Brighton:D

Captain Spunkfarter
16th Dec 2002, 11:14
Yellow Snow

When LORI was talking to me about fingering his dirtbox, I thought he was on about the waste paper bin in GMP! Now I know.

Gonzo

If I see those antlers, I'll be leading the Whitley Bay Stag Hunt through the Tower.

Yellow Snow
16th Dec 2002, 23:13
Captain Golden Balls has confirmed for Wednesday.

It'll be nice to tell them radar controllers a thing or two;)

Bombay Bad Boy
17th Dec 2002, 08:02
Was it something I said ? :confused: