PDA

View Full Version : KA Interview Technical Questions?(Merged).

Essential Buzz
11th Dec 2002, 08:51
Anyone have examples from recent interviews?

Any feedback would be appeciated, including those from CX.

hughorgen
12th Dec 2002, 03:17
Of course, Handling the Big Jets covers it !!!

:D

But !!! A real question would be !!!

You are operating HKG to Chengdu and told you are Radar identified. You are below the GRID MORA, Off the STAR and clearances are in Metres and you are operating on QFE....
Your Radio Communications Fail, whaata ya do ?????

Thats closer to the reality !!!

ronnie123
12th Dec 2002, 04:03
Any clue if KA will consider non type rated low hr pilots (1000+) FATPL, as i have right to live and work in HK??

Should I just walk in at KA recruitment office???
any help will be great:confused:

SOPS
12th Dec 2002, 20:48
:) To Big Thing or whatever, my answer is, go up, away from the ground, VERY QUICKLY

E.P.
16th Dec 2002, 00:07
Ronnie 123

Why get all chewed up trying to survive the CX process, when you would slide straight into Virgin Blue? A very informal 30 min chat and your in, six months later you're a 737NG Captain!!

Just a tip, don't get any more hrs up or you will risk being too experienced!

Sounds like B.S. but it's not.

ronnie123
16th Dec 2002, 01:50
Dont have right to live OR work in OZ !!!! But do have it in HK.

hughorgen
16th Dec 2002, 09:07
:p
After reading the above jumble of conceptual twaddle !!!!

I'm surprised anyone lets you fly a desk much less an aircraft !

Good call KA !!!!;)

Gnadenburg
17th Dec 2002, 11:58
Life

If you got to stage two you would have passed the human resources type questions/psyche you alluded to.

They may not have liked you. One strike and your out! Don't be too Freudian as you could do more damage than a simple airline rejection!

Hugh

Pretty grim picture you paint! I suppose that is why there is such a high failure rate on command upgrade.

Certainly demanding but from the accounts of many friends, a good airline to work for.

BlueEagle
18th Dec 2002, 02:09
As we approach the season of peace and goodwill to all men I can't help but think that you have been a little hard on Life As A Journey. 'Life..etc' is clearly very disappointed at not being selected and it shows, he was, after all, trying to pass on for the benefit of others pointers that might make them more successful than he was.

I appreciate that quite a bit of Dragonairs type of flying can be very demanding and the selection criteria are necessarily high but I think you could have been a bit more generous to a fellow professional pilot who does, after all, fly aircraft and not, as you suggest, a desk.:)

BlueEagle - Moderator.