PDA

View Full Version : Who runs NATS

Minesapint
10th Dec 2002, 08:17
Personally, I think that HR and SDI run NATS. Senior management abdicated responsibility for years and now this is the state we are in.

Comments welcome?:mad:

BEXIL160
10th Dec 2002, 08:31
I don't think it's a question of who runs NATS.

Personally I think we are all on a Captainless ship.

What we NEED is some sort of Charismatic LEADER, who will knock a large number of heads together and GET THINGS DONE.

If you want to see what I mean look across the pond to what Ms. Jane Garvey achieved with the FAA. Deeply unpopular with "her" managers, but held in some regard by the operational staff, mainly for regularly reminding the "suits" that they were support staff to the Controllers, not the other way around.

Kenny, although on the face of it is a decent enough chap, is way, way out of his depth and charisma? errr, no.

Rgds BEX

2 six 4
10th Dec 2002, 11:34
Who runs NATS ?

Pretty obviously the bankers.

Iron City
10th Dec 2002, 15:57
What did Deep Throat tell Woodward and Bernstein? "Follow the money!" That's who runs NATS.

10th Dec 2002, 19:01
Is NATS being run? I thought it just sort of ....er....existed sort of.

Cuddles
12th Dec 2002, 21:11

bankers run NATS? You're sure that's not a typo?:D

Not Long Now
18th Dec 2002, 12:08
As I was here when we were 'PPP' 'd, I see it like this...
About 5200 employees if my memory serves, getting 5%, so I got 5/5200 % of NATS, or 0.000962% to be inexact.

Although of course the second 'tranche' of shares never turned up, as the company couldn't be valued (too busy sinking under the debt of buying itself) so the asset value of the shares couldn't be assigned. Perhaps the rest will be under the Christmas tree? So I think infact I own 0.000481% of NATS.

But then of course if I've got shares in BA for example, I probably have a bit more via their stake in TAG.

Think it'll give me much say at a shareholders meeting?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th Dec 2002, 12:59
<<About 5200 employees if my memory serves, getting 5%, so I got 5/5200 % of NATS, or 0.000962% to be inexact. >>

Is "got" the right word? When I retired my bit of paper about shares was taken away with the "promise" that I would be contacted when the company was valued... So I "got" nothing and don't anticipate getting much in the future.

Pot Noodle
19th Dec 2002, 10:24
The answer to the topic question is easy, with an overbearing debt of £700 Million resulting from ppp, no means of securing future investment, and the aftershock of 11 September still on it's shoulders, NATS is run by a hoard of accountants with a sprinkling of lawyers to cover their &rses. I can't wait till the Audit offices final report comes out!

Merry Christmas;)