PDA

View Full Version : Any kind folks out there?

VIKKI
9th Dec 2002, 09:08
Are there ant kind folks out there who would be willing to help me get a bit of RHS flying ?

i am training for my ppl but i can only afford lessons once a month at best a few people sugested that just flying as a passenger would help me to keep in the swing of things when i cant afford lessons.

can anyone help me ?

i normally fly from wolverhampton spaceport but anywhere in the shropshire\staffs area is fine i would particullary like to fly from a grass strip cus thats prob where i will be flying from when i get my ppl and i havent tryed that yet

Any help would be appreciated

thanx

VIKKI

Rod1
9th Dec 2002, 10:41
If you fancy a trip out of Tatenhill in an AA5B you are welcome to come with me.

Rod

PFLsAgain
9th Dec 2002, 11:23
I fly out of Sleap in a C172 when the weather allows me. You're welcome to come along.

FlyingForFun
9th Dec 2002, 15:17
Hi Vikki,

Probably a bit too far from me, but if you fancy a drive down to White Waltham at the weekend any time, let me know.

Same goes for anyone else, too. I try to fly most weekends unless I have other plans which tie me up for the whole weekend. I probably have passengers about 30-40% of the time, the rest of the time I have a spare seat waiting to be filled! :)

Of course with the current weather we've been having, I have a few potential passengers who have been queuing up for weeks, so I won't be able to offer my spare seat out for a little while.

FFF
-----------------

Rote 8
9th Dec 2002, 15:31
VIKKI

I fly out of Wolverhampton and hopefully soon a bit out of Cosford. I will gladly take you along if I have a spare seat. I even live near you (Horsehay).

A_Pommie
9th Dec 2002, 19:17
VIKKI

I've got an Auster that quite offen has a spare seat, unfortunately for you it lives near Cirencester which is quite a treck. Still if you can make it to Shobden then I'll happily take you for a spin. If you want you can learn the knoble art of hand swinging an old British engine.

sharpshot
10th Dec 2002, 07:10
Should anyone go for a spin in an Auster............:confused: :confused:

stiknruda
10th Dec 2002, 09:06
Vikki, Rote8

my folks live in Lt Wenlock and I will probably fly up early spring to visit. I use a private strip just a few miles away so should I take anything but my single seater, I'll let you both know.

Stik

Rote 8
10th Dec 2002, 10:35
Stik

That sounds great, be sure to give us a shout if you head up this way.

Are you originally from these parts?

Monocock
10th Dec 2002, 20:52
And all you people are assuming that VIKKI is female.

Had that been someone with the name of RIKKI I wonder if the offers would have flowed quite so readily!!

One things nice to see though, we're a helpful bunch!

FlyingForFun
11th Dec 2002, 08:13
Mono, if you look at my reply, you'll notice that my offer extends to anyone who reads this. That includes people who's name is RIKKI!

FFF
---------------

Windy Militant
11th Dec 2002, 08:51
If it's an Auster Aiglet you can apparently spin it upside down! Rather you than me though! Oh yeah Mr Pommie Better learn to swing the thing himself first before he goes round promising to teach other people how to. Let's see ya get to Shobden without the starter motor sonny ;) Still who am I to talk, I still need to get signed off to fly the bally thing.
Best thing for any aspiring avian of any sort is to find a friendly aerodrome to hang round and make your self quietly helpful. Don't be too pushy though. People will warm to you if you show a genuine interest in aviation and most pilots are suckers for the That's a nice aeroplane what's it fly like line;) (It's worked for me and I'm a hairy arsed old fart!)

VIKKI
11th Dec 2002, 12:53
wow i didn't expect so many replys

i can't go anywhere b4 xmas cus i'm too busy working to pay for flying but i will contact people after

thanks again

vicky