PDA

View Full Version : BAs lack of Logo lights

SOPS
7th Dec 2002, 22:28
Just a question to those who might know. I first found it strange a few years ago, when my company dry leased some BA 737s, that they were not equipped with logo lights. But I have been noticing more and more frequently that BA aircraft seem either not to have them or not to use them. (I took off behind a BA 757 this morning [and it was dark] and it displayed no logo light) Is this a BA company standard? I mean, each to his own, our SOPS require our logo on below 10,000, to aid in "see and be seen", I just would think BA would require something like that as well. I wait for your answers, Regards Sops:)

ETOPS
8th Dec 2002, 00:44
My logo lights are on below 10,000 IAW BA SOPS (Oh dear lots of acronyms there) try - in accordance with British Airways Standard operating procedures. I agree that see and avoid is important but as you point out some A/C are not fitted and some crews just forget.....

Human Factor
9th Dec 2002, 16:43
..... or the bulb has gone! (about half the time funnily enough):rolleyes:

Groundloop
10th Dec 2002, 12:04
Two companies that NEVER seem to use logo lights these days are American and United. They creep around Heathrow in the dark - and United in the dark is VERY dark!

Is this a post 9/11 development to make them less consipcuous to unsavoury characters around the airfield perimeter and, if so, is it a SOP for all US airlines?

Max Angle
10th Dec 2002, 18:37
A320/321 logo lights are always on if the nav. lights are on AND the gear struts are compressed or the slats are extended. There is no separate control for them other than the nav. light switch.