PDA

View Full Version : Company cars & pilots

GOH
7th Dec 2002, 08:07
Hi

I am interested to know if airline pilots get company cars? If ya know just say what airline and maybe the type of car!

Lou Scannon
7th Dec 2002, 11:21
It is often said that when the accountants check the books for an airline, they always assume that employees in the pilot income bracket get company cars and ask where they are listed.

Pilots in the main have to supply their own vehicle, even though they work hours that preclude the use of public transport and travel to different airports or simulators. The nearest most pilots get to the company car gravy train is the use of a hire car. Even then, some clerk who insists that his own pay grade entitles him to at least a BMW 528SEI, will try to push a two door Corsa on to the higher paid pilot.

Exceptions to this policy are of course those pilots who elect for management jobs in airlines and some executive pilots.

Take a look at the staff car park at any airport. The pilot car usually looks like the ones that you normally see at a dealers with a roof sign reading "Part exchange-to clear"!

icemanalgeria
7th Dec 2002, 23:29
Comapny Cars for the pilots, Chance would be a fine thing.

The company I fly for recently changed company policy. Now crew's ending a flight duty in LHR must use public transport back to our LGW base.

Can you believe that. It's true.

What Next?

Goforfun
8th Dec 2002, 09:14
Its the cabin crew who drive around in flash cars!

Ford Air at Stansted provide company cars to their pilots (guess what make!)....

FlapsOne
8th Dec 2002, 09:55
A good number of corporate/business operators will provide a company car as a 'perk' for their pilots.

The tax implications are very punitive though and it's worth examining the finances very carefully to see if you're better off with your own vehicle.

Fluke
8th Dec 2002, 09:56
Emirates have a contract with Eurocar, who collect us from home and take us to the airport or training centre.
Must admit the chauffeured drive home after a long night duty is bliss after years of stumbling around dark frozen carparks.

penguin
8th Dec 2002, 22:29
Same at Japan air. Cpt. gets limo and F/A gets taxi.

lemon
13th Dec 2002, 17:12
goforfun - I believe Ford Air pilots can also choose from the Land Rover and Jaguar range - nice