PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start.....

nij108
4th Dec 2002, 11:22
:confused:

April of this month, GAPAN (Guild of Air Pilots and Navigators) of which Prince Andrew is the Grand Master, placed an advert in the Job's section of the British Airways news paper. The advert (which I still have!) said that it was looking for people who would like to be considered for PPL sponsorship. The advert said that there were two ways in which you could apply:-
(1) go online, download application, fill it and send it
(2) write to Gapan for an application, fill it and send.

Since time was against me, I chose easy option number (1). A few days later a person frm Gapan called my father and told him to tell me that my application was "in the bin". My father, obviously shocked, did eventually pass the message on to me. I then called up the scholarship secretary of Gapan to ask her if she was aware of her colleaugue saying that and she replied, "Yes, your application is in the bin" as the application should NOT have been made on-line.
I started explaining to her that it was their advert that said I had two options, she said, "yeah but that application isn't there anymore". But my arguement is that it was there at the time the advert appeared in the paper, and as I'm not a computer hacker there isn't any other way in which I could have got hold of that application!
After reading out "their" advert to her, she angrily accepted that it was their fault and abruptly terminated our conversation by hanging up without warning or apologising for their un-professionalism. Once out of shock, I DID re-apply but I was rejected. I believe the main reason for my rejection was because I stood up for myself and the truth, which cost me a sponsorship. I dont think I was treated in the most nicest way, and would like to take this matter forward. Is there anyone out there, who can tell me how I can go about complaining to an authority higher than Gapan?
Your help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Niraj Gandhi
[email protected]