PDA

View Full Version : to747-400 Pilots

lörtsch
4th Dec 2002, 08:22
G'day
in preparation for a SIM-checkride on a B744, I'm looking for the T/O and APPR-profiles. as anybody an idea, where I can get those important informations?
would be very helpful and much appreciated. thank you!
kind regards and
happy landings

BlueEagle
4th Dec 2002, 23:13
lortsch There are a considerable number of variables here and giving you a number of examples could easily totally confuse you and do more harm than good. As far as the T/O alone is concerned it depends on flap setting used, whether or not you are doing a reduced power take-off, are you going to be using auto throttle and flight directors, will it be a noise abatement take-off? What engines are used?, (RR,PW or GE).
No one can expect you to jump into a B744 and fly it without a comprehensive brief that will include all the information you seek, if this is an acceptance ride for a new employer they should be sending you such a brief.

Sorry not to offer more specific information but, as said, it could just confuse the issue.

Best of luck:)

[I see you have asked the same question in the Far East forum and that you are asking about Cathay Pacific, I am sure CX will send you a very specific brief.]

GlueBall
7th Dec 2002, 21:29
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002, Professional version, features the -400. It will give you lots of practical info and an opportunity to practice a variety of profiles in the comfort of your home without embarrassing yourself.