PDA

View Full Version : "Four forces" software - opinions sought

CBLong
3rd Dec 2002, 14:52
Hi,

I started this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73996) thread over on the instructor's forum, but I thought people here might be interested and/or able to provide useful feedback, too.

It's about a little Windows program I've written to help me visualise changes in the famous 'four forces' - basically a mini two-dimensional flight simulator. I think it might be generally useful (with a lot more development!) as a teaching aid, or just for fun. Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

cbl.

Kefuddle_UK
3rd Dec 2002, 15:13
Hi,

I had a sneek peek. I think it is a good idea. If you add the full phsycial suite of effects: flaps, u/c up/down, slow flapless/lapped level flight, climb performance, glide performance, etc, etc). If it is possible to provide turn phsycis and a top down view and also different and configurable aircraft models so that it would be possible to demonstrate the performance envelope differences between say a C152, PA28 and PA34.

Also a trace graph showing the flight profile with changes of configuration noted on the graph. By changes in configuration I mean changes to power, flap, u/c, carbheat, etc, etc).

If possible, to also show the effects of wing and prop icing!

In addition, being able to filter some elements of information out lest the display becomes too clutered and busy. Especially useful then being use in conjunction with an over-head projector.

Basically, anything that effects the performance of an aeroplane in a clear and consice and tracable way.

WHat do you think?
Kef.

Aussie Andy
3rd Dec 2002, 19:53
Fun!

So, what's Vx / Vy then ;)