PDA

View Full Version : ERJ 145 Yaw damper

brakechute
3rd Dec 2002, 10:31
Hi, a question for ERJ 145 operators or pilots - what is your company policy, or opnion of operating the aircraft without a yaw damper? Would take passengers, or would the aircraft be cleared for positioning flights only? Has anyone got any particular views about the wisdom of having to switch off the yaw damper for taki-off and landing. I'm asking these questions as I am sure to get grilled tomorrow during a presentation of 145 ops and flight controls. Thanks in advance.

gofer
3rd Dec 2002, 12:54
Sorry can't help directly, though it does seem a bit strange.

Indeed odd that you should ask that question as I was discussing the EMB 145 with a mate at the weekend.

I suggested that the EMB145 has a yaw problem - in that all 4 EMB 145 I've paxed in have slowly dipped to starboard when at cruise (assume on autopilot), dip was corrected and cycle restarted at the rate of about once every 50 to 150 secs. It is subtile and most Pax don't really notice it even when pointed out!

He said he'd check it out next time he can get a hop on an EMB145 - there is one out in the wilds where he's based !

Anybody got any feedback ? :)