PDA

View Full Version : Britannia or Easyjet? Please help!!

friendlyflyer
2nd Dec 2002, 21:43
Hi everybody, I'm new to all this, but having waited for a few years to get an interview with these companies, like buses two have come along together. I have been offered the workshop fo easyjet and a 2nd stage with Britannia on the same day. Which is the best job and why? P.S. I know I am very fortunate. Thanks.

Neo
2nd Dec 2002, 22:14
My recommendation:

EasyJet

1. Much better command prospects
2. More modern Company outlook
3. Better Company prospects

sharpeee
2nd Dec 2002, 22:28
congrats friendlyflyer on ur dilema.

go with ur instincts and keep going with both until u must make a decision.

curious? i heard nothing from either, what is ur exp/hrs just to get an idea of the bench mark they are looking at?

cheers and again well done. :)

jboyelias
3rd Dec 2002, 02:56
Hey congrats on your selection.I was wondering if u could give me some tips on howto get selected on the cadet schemes.pleasee-mailme at [email protected].

Cambo
3rd Dec 2002, 08:02
If you look on the 'Terms and Endearment' forum there is a thread called: 'looking for info about Britannia', which I started.

The replies I've had paint a good picture of Britannia. Also, if you do a search for 'Easyjet' and 'Britannia' on this site i'm sure you'll find a lot of information about both; good and bad. Might help you decide.

All the best,

Cam :D

Stan Woolley
3rd Dec 2002, 08:57
friendlyflyer

I've worked for both, there is no contest - go for Britannia.

expedite_climb
3rd Dec 2002, 09:00
I'm sure brittania will happily move you to a different day (if you dont give the real reason), Orange on the other hand probably wont......

argyle
3rd Dec 2002, 10:14
EJ is a crap company to work for, I have worked for both.

Go Brittania

Icaro
4th Dec 2002, 19:51
Don't bother with the easyJet workshop. If it's not a proper interview it will be the same as the day I attended recently which was just info about the co. for those interestedin joining. They will let you go to a different one or straight to the interview stage if you "can't make it":)

I haven't heard from Brittannia yet but have been told they screwed up the application sort.... must be in the post!

springbok449
7th Dec 2002, 15:05
I would go for Brit but it all depends on what experience you have and personal circumstances...
Regarding the workshop just make sure which one it is if it's the proper recruitment day or not, if it isn't they will oblige to move it to another one...
Hope this helps.

Dan Winterland
7th Dec 2002, 16:38
Does Brit still have a Final Slary pension? If yes, this has to be a very big factor in the decision process.

expedite_climb
8th Dec 2002, 18:21
Should have said - if it were jobs you were talking about - i'd take brits, but interviews ???? Dont put all your eggs in one basket !