PDA

View Full Version : Crew Training

generallee
2nd Dec 2002, 11:23
Does anybody out there have any info on crew training and who organises it? Is there such a thing as 'crew training manager' at the airlines? Do the airlines have to do a certain amount at certain airports throughout the year? Or do they have flexibility to select locations?

Apologies for this post. It is my first, but hopefully not my last.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :) :)

Notso Fantastic
2nd Dec 2002, 18:50
Unfortunately because of your inexperience in the industry, the question doesn't make much sense! You need to be more specific about exactly what sort of Crew Training you are after:
Type Technical training
Route experience
Individual airport briefings
Crew environment training

generallee
3rd Dec 2002, 09:30
Thank you notso for the response. As you can tell, I was not aware of even the categories of crew training!

I understand more now what is involved. For each of these categories, is there a minimum requirement? i.e. no of hours on one type of aircraft, no of hours on specific route, no of landings at specific airport. I would guess that type rating is the most demanding? Is there one 'co-ordinator' in the vast structure of commercial airlines that organises each activity?

Many thanks again :D

mariners
4th Dec 2002, 14:57
Notso Fantastic,

Excuse my ignorance also but which of the four types that you list can be done 'on the job' as it were? Can route experience be done as part as a normal operational schedule e.g with pax on board; whilst type technical must be done in advance?

:D ;)