PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough Instrument Approach Chart

PhilD
2nd Dec 2002, 10:14
Is there a published Instrument Approach Chart for the Rwy 24 ILS at Farnborough (I-FNB on 111.55)? There isn't one on the AIP website, but I know it exists as Farnborough radar sometimes route me around traffic on an instrument approach into EGLF. Also - is there an Instrument Approach for Rwy 06?

Chilli Monster
2nd Dec 2002, 10:28
Jeppesen have ILS approach plates for both 24 & 06 at EGLF

CM

rustle
2nd Dec 2002, 10:36
PhilD,

There are not free online plates for Farnborough.

Jepp/Aerad or http://www.aidu.co.uk are the places to go.

Reason? Who knows - maybe something to do with history and that Farnborough used to be MIL?

PhilD
2nd Dec 2002, 10:45
CM / rustle

Thanks for the quick updates. I'm only an occasional instrument user and normally get the plates I need free from the AIP, but I want to have plates for EGLF in case I am unable to make a VFR approach to Blackbushe (my home base) and need to get in to somewhere local with an instrument procedure. The nearest apart from Farnborough is probably Biggin Hill or Southampton, neither of which are very close! Looks like another reason for subscribing to the Jepp IFR service.....

PhilD

Circuit Basher
2nd Dec 2002, 11:48
PhilD - if it's just a one-off, then I can always scan a page from my AERAD and email it to you.

Only thing is, as I haven't done any IFR for a while, I'm about 3 months behind in incorporating amendments so it might take a day or 2 to get a current plate to you.... ;) ;)

rustle
2nd Dec 2002, 12:20
PhilD

Check your PM :)