PDA

View Full Version : Kembles New Restaurant

Monocock
1st Dec 2002, 20:47
Any one else been there?

If you haven't you're missing out.

Forget the typical airfield greasy spoons.............this ones here to remember and to return to.

You would not expect to find such a place on an airfield, let alone Gloucestershire.

Well done to all at Kemble who had a part to play in bringing to life the kind of place we expected to visit when we learned to fly, and fortunately for me it's only 15 minutes away!!

GO THERE FELLOW PPRUNERS, YOU'LL GO AGAIN!!

Trislander
3rd Dec 2002, 12:20
I saw the photo in the advert in Flyer/Today's Pilot and I must say although I haven't been there (yet) it certainly does look like a cool place to go rather than your standard airfield caf'. Don't get me wrong, some traditional British airfield cafe's are great little places to meet up with other pilots and grab a bite to eat but this place looks like no other.

I think an XC to Kemble is on the cards!

Or what about a PPRuNe fly-in???

Trislander

Unwell_Raptor
3rd Dec 2002, 12:24
Last time I went to Biggles at Denham it was pretty good.

DamienB
3rd Dec 2002, 13:50
The restaurant has a website, here:

http://www.av8.freeola.com

srs what?
3rd Dec 2002, 14:11
All looks very nice but is it fairly priced or is there the usual Aviation mark-up?

Negative 'G'
3rd Dec 2002, 18:41
Hmmmmmm Good luck Kemble or AV8, However having just looked at their website it does look a tad pooosh especially for us Northern folk:rolleyes: Its a place worth bearing in mind though if ever I should exchange the Missis and need to impress again.

Personally when I've been flying for a couple of hrs all I want is something warm n wet usually in a large sized mug followed by an ex animal part dripping in grease whilst sandwiched between some of Mr Warburtons finest........Mmmmmmmmmmm Oh and lets not forget the HP sauce:D:D

I've seen this happen many times before at Airfields but sadly not many of them succeed or at least not after the initial novalty has worn off, maybe AV8 will be different............ :)

Does it cater for your typical slob pilot i.e Bacon Butties, sandwiches, soup etc... ?

Neg G:D

18greens
4th Dec 2002, 08:54
AV8 certainly was a shock when I visited it. You felt like you had walked into a coffee bar in soho, not an airfield greasy spoon. It really is worth a visit. You will be talking about it for months. |If you are really lucky you might even get a Hunter fly by whilst you are sipping your double cap with hazelnut syrup.

Hopefully this is the way aviation will be going in the future.

Hats off to the guy/group who put the money in.

bingoboy
4th Dec 2002, 12:54
Shame the menu isn't on the website.

KitKatPacificuk
4th Dec 2002, 16:40
Menu not on site coz it's so expensive!! Looks great but, I was there just after it opened was like sitting in a greenhouse!!! But the food is great and the whole Kemble airfield is worth a trip!