PDA

View Full Version : Biz Jets at Elstree?

Lemoncake
27th Nov 2002, 13:02
Twas about 4 or 5 years ago (before I got my PPL), when to my great surprise a biz jet plopped itself down at Elstree. It was a great sight to see. Just out of curiosity, to all you Elstree regulars, is this a common event, or did I witness a bit of a one off. Any other "interesting " airfields where biz jets pop in every now and then?

Cheers

LC

t'aint natural
27th Nov 2002, 20:24
Getting a bit spottery, this, but anyhow...
A Citation on the grass at Redhill. Stayed overnight, took off cross wind on the long (850m) 01.

Bluebeard2
27th Nov 2002, 21:20
I've seen a Citation at Elstree a couple of times over the last couple of years - actually caught it landing once, seemingly without too much fuss. The occaisional King Air pops in as well. Must make for some careful performance calcs, but then I guess if lighlty laden then even some of these "bigger" aircraft can fairly shift on t/o/landing.

piloteddy
27th Nov 2002, 22:03
I've seen a Citation a few times over at Denham, it certainly is something to see when he lands or takes off.....

....although I think it would sink into the mud as soon as it leaves the r/w if it were to pay a visit in the near future :eek:

BRL
28th Nov 2002, 01:23
I have seen absolutley loads of them at that little place just to the north-east a few miles up from Elstree...... Can't remember what its called now... ;)

Lemoncake
28th Nov 2002, 08:38
Yep, I didn't phrase my questions very well....does sound a bit spottery doesn't it...... Anyway some interesting replies.

Cheers

LC

KitKatPacificuk
28th Nov 2002, 11:54
The Citation goes in and out quiet a bit in the Summer at Denham.
Normally ends up in Northolt in the winter coz of the soft grass! Do you remember the Two DC3's that used to be in Elstree?

Safe
28th Nov 2002, 22:09
Back in the 1960s I worked with an Aerial Survey company based at Elstree. We operated, amongst other aircraft, a DC3 and a Percival Prince