PDA

View Full Version : PPL kit

whiz
26th Nov 2002, 11:15
Having a clear out the other day I came across several items that may be useful to PPL students .. list as follows

Dave Clarke H20-10 headset .. used less than 6 times
Various Trevor Thom manuals, although these may be outdated now .. approx 5 years old.
PPL confuser Q&A type book on all aspects of PPL exam
'Be a better pilot' handy hints for safer flying type book
Whiz wheel, Aluminium type complete with instructions
Transair set square and ruler
Approx 5 transair flight log pads

Any sensible offers greatly received. :D

Contact me on [email protected]

FlyingForFun
26th Nov 2002, 12:05
Whiz,

How old is your Confuser? Does it contain the R/T tests? If it does, it could be very useful to lots of people, since the newer edition of the Confuser doesn't have R/T tests. It would certainly be worth highlighting if that is the case.

(In fact, maybe you might be kind enough to not sell the Confuser, if it is the old one, but to lend it out to people on this forum who are about to take their R/T exams? Your decision, of course - no pressure.)

I'm not interested myself - finished the PPL exams spring of last year. But I managed to borrow a copy of the old Confuser when I did my R/T exam, and I was very grateful for it.

FFF
----------------

whiz
26th Nov 2002, 12:13
FFF

Not sure on age of confuser will check when Im at home tonight. Basically I really just want to sell the headset and whiz wheel .... a reasonable offer will secure the lot ... books and all

Dusty_B
26th Nov 2002, 12:32
What sort of wheel is it?
Is it a CRP-5 equivelent (Mach and compressibility scales)?

whiz
26th Nov 2002, 13:33
Dusty,

Nope, basic E6B type whiz wheel

singaporegirl
26th Nov 2002, 15:58
Whiz,

How much do you want for the headset? I've got my own DC, but I've got so many passengers who want to come up with me now I've got my licence...:D

whiz
27th Nov 2002, 06:58
Singaporegirl

Check your pmessages

Forgot to say earlier, headset does come with nice little 'flying gear' bag :)

whiz
27th Nov 2002, 11:16
Have checked the 'Confuser' and it doesnt contain the RT questions. Also on further examination the Trevor Thom manuals are actually Jeremy Pratt. :D

whiz
27th Nov 2002, 12:56
Peeps,

It appears Im having problems with my mail server. I have replied to all who have enquired. Please bare with me for a couple of days til BT get their act together :mad:
Please continue to mail me, just dont be put off if I dont reply as quickly as youd expect.

whiz
28th Nov 2002, 10:09
Email is back up and running.
Singapore girl you wanna come back to me ?

singaporegirl
28th Nov 2002, 10:12
whiz,

check your pms.

sg

whiz
28th Nov 2002, 15:19
pms checked sg ..... check yours :)