PDA

View Full Version : Decent Multi hire, but cheapish!

Dude~
20th Nov 2002, 17:34
I have recently got into twins and love it, but at £200 an hour its simply too expensive. Are there any gems out there which are cheaper, or possibly same price but better value?
I would consider Europe, but I have no intention of hiring a piece of junk in the States.
ta

A and C
20th Nov 2002, 18:48
Try Metair at Elstree they may be able to help but no one in the UK can go much below £200 and stay in business.

Metair 020 207 3702

The Boy Lard
20th Nov 2002, 19:33
Cheaper that £200 per hour......? I'll swap you that for next weeks winning lottery numbers!

Good luck, and if you DO find anywhere please share it with us all.

Cheers

TBL:cool:

slim_slag
20th Nov 2002, 19:58
I would consider Europe, but I have no intention of hiring a piece of junk in the States.

A shame you think that way, I know of a very very very well maintained (know both the owner and the guy who maintains it) C310 which you could get for around £110 per hour. Alas it's in the States, so you wouldn't be interested. Let's see, with a round trip airfare (on a British Airline of course) of around £350 inc tax, you would be in the money after a mere four hours too.

Try South Africa, they are cheap down there, and I understand they have similar maintanance standards to the UK (not unlike the place which more than likely issued the original type certificate of the twins you love so much).

;)

Flyin'Dutch'
20th Nov 2002, 20:30
Peterborough Conington

Seneca 2 hire 188 per hobbs hour incl VAT and a Duchess a few tenners cheaper. Not flown the Duchess there but the Seneca is quite nice.

Tatenhill

Seminole around the 180 mark

Elstree/Cranfield

Partenavia 190 via Firecrest (not flown that one) or

Seneca (again 2 ) IIRC via Billins

Andrewsfield I believe someone is operating an Apache out of there but dont know a price.

You aint going to find anything much below that.

HTH :eek:

FD

bluskis
20th Nov 2002, 21:04
Rent two c150's, but you will have to fly them one by one!!!!

GT
21st Nov 2002, 09:41
Have a look at

www.flying-club-conington.co.uk

Regards, GT.

neils
21st Nov 2002, 14:45
Try Peterborough Sibson tidy, well equiped ,Seneca IR approved
£175 inc or £117.50 dry.

englishal
21st Nov 2002, 15:00
188 GBP per hour sounds like a bargain.

[Still I'll stick to my regular trusty, well maintained $160 US per hr Seneca II in the US...blimey, just worked out that'd save me 88 GBP per hour over the UK ;) ]

EA:D

Grob Driver
21st Nov 2002, 15:56
"I have no intention of hiring a piece of junk in the States"… That’s a bit harsh Dude… Have you ever flown in the states? I’m going over on Tuesday to do some flying (not in a twin mind!)… I wouldn’t consider the aircraft to be a ‘piece of junk’. Never say never. It’s great flying over there, and you get the weather!

DB6
21st Nov 2002, 17:54
www.tatenhill-aviation.co.uk Seminole at £180/hr all in.

MLS-12D
21st Nov 2002, 18:39
£200 per hour???!!! I'm glad I don't live in the UK, or I couldn't afford to fly. :(

I spent a year as an LSE grad student, and while I loved the country and the people, I was amazed at the low salaries relative to the high prices. Beats me how anyone can make ends meet.

I guess we have things pretty good over here. :)

foghorn
21st Nov 2002, 20:03
High cost of land and property feeds into just about everything here and along with the Island factor conspires to keep prices high in the UK.

Having said that salaries are higher in the US than just about everywhere else in the world.

Flyin'Dutch'
21st Nov 2002, 22:11
Hi Grob Driver,

Agree that Dude should not generalise, but to be fair the most tired aircraft that I have ever seen and flown was definitely Stateside.

However would not want to claim that this equates to multistudyanalysis.

FD

GearUp CheerUp
23rd Nov 2002, 21:50
Agree with others Dude~, there are some very fine aircraft to be had stateside at bargain prices.

Also Tatenhill's PA44 is a nice aircraft, airways equipped (as long as you're below FL100) with a decent HDG and ALT hold autopilot. I once flew BRUI to Berlin and back, 3 1/2 hrs each way and she was great!

Wireless
7th Mar 2003, 23:03
You lot seem to be rambling on yet you have overlooked the best one yet. The Seneca that Neils mentioned at £175!!

;) Bill