PDA

View Full Version : JAC Academy

eagerbeaver
19th Nov 2002, 16:54
clicked on the banner to have a look at their website, are they for real and can anyone give me a little background info if possible.

ta

jasonjdr
26th Nov 2002, 16:24
Anyone managed to find out any further info on these guys yet? I tried, but can't even submit my details on their website for some brochures! (not a good start). They sound like another CTC, but there is not really much info on the site. They have been advertising here for a while now, so hopefully someone must have something on them?!

Thanks in advance.

Aviation Trainer too
28th Nov 2002, 10:33
There is a number of broker like persons in the marker who sell courses that you could buy direct from TRTO's with sims. The main problem is usually line training which is also the only part that is interesting to would be employers..

Paying your own Type Rating: only do it if you are guaranteed a job at the end otherwise don't do it!

If you are interested in TR's go direct to credible organisations like CAE or GECAT.

Regarding JAC, if anybody talks to them try to find out which simulators they use and see whether you cannot train with them directly. At CAE you can and I think you can at GECAT too.

Again a Type Rating without hours is useless!

No opinion on JAC yet.

FatFlyer
29th Nov 2002, 06:12
Their courses sound quite interesting as they offer line training, they don't list any airlines as "partners" yet so perhaps they have just started up.

As they don't give a postal address it makes one a bit suspicious.
I was going to ask for a brochure but could not get their on line information request to work either.

Hamrah
29th Nov 2002, 06:34
We at Astraeus have been approached by the JAC academy to provide their 737 courses and line training.

H

number
1st Dec 2002, 12:11
I was interested in JAC first officer programs, in particular, I've asked for a course which includes : MCC, TR on B737 EFIS + 100h of line experience as a first officer and they told me the price is 34265£ / 53965€. The complete time to do the full course is around 4 months.
In order to be eligible for this course, you need to pass a selection program of 4 days which takes place in Nice, and it has to be paied in full before selection can commence, price is 810£ and it includes a simulator session, VFR flight test, psychometric test, technical test, 45 minutes of interview and an English test for non-native English speakers. But during selection, all lodging expenses and ground transportation in Nice is provided.
I'm thinking about it.

camec
2nd Dec 2002, 11:27
Can anybody please give me JAC Academy website address?

jasonjdr
2nd Dec 2002, 11:49
www.jac-academy.com or try the link above.

oliver757
4th Dec 2002, 16:31
I just don't arrive to get to the website.

Are you sure it is the good adress.

Thanks

jasonjdr
5th Dec 2002, 07:51
Works when I try it.

Try typing the address in manually?

AYR521
2nd Feb 2003, 20:10
I suggest to approach this company with a lot of caution.
Many french guys have already been heavily disappointed by the owner of JAC Academy. :mad:

PorcoRosso
4th Feb 2003, 16:50
If JAC Academy is related with former ATPL Europe, be very cautious.
Am trying to find out infos about this organisation.

MorningGlory
6th Feb 2003, 16:50
You guys amaze me!!! You're willing to pay over £30K for a type rating and some line experience with no job at the end?????

Are you all mad? Or do you just have far far too much money???

More money than sense it seems!

:confused: :confused: :confused: