PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 767

SPIT
19th Nov 2002, 00:02
Hi
My wife is flying to New York soon and she is going on a BA 767.
Forgive my extreme ignorance but she has been asking me what the cabin ie: is there seat-back TVs and so on (like on her broomstick). I have NOT been able to answer her so could a kind soal out there help me out of a very big hole.
Thanks.:) :) :confused:

liquidhockey
19th Nov 2002, 00:19
i would imagine that she will have a tv in the back of the seat in front of her.
As it is a 767 and long haul

Cheers
Dave

ratarsedagain
22nd Nov 2002, 20:06
Unless the aicraft has the newer economy seats in it, then it won't have seat back videos.
She'll be ok if she's in Club or First:D

Departures Beckham
22nd Nov 2002, 20:39
SPIT,

BA's website (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/entertaininfo/public/en_gb) says:

World Traveller/World Traveller Plus
Almost every seat on long haul flights has its own 6.3 inch liquid crystal display video screen throughout all World Traveller cabins, offering 12 video channels, 12 audio channels and a flight information channel. (NB some aircraft are currently being embodied with 18 channels in World Traveller Plus)

Looks like she should have her own screen.

Becks

Edited to include BA specific information

Heathrow09L
23rd Nov 2002, 12:34
It depends on the following:-

a) Which Airline
b)Which Departure Airport

If it is BA or Delta B767 300ER series then sorry to say but World Traveller (Economy Class) does not offer individual seat back TV, only the main central screen, it also does not show progress maps the one that tells you where you are, what time you wll arrive there etc etc.

Can I suggest if it is British Airways I would fly from London Heathrow Terminal 4 on the B747 400 or B777 which are nice aircrafts with individual seatback TV.

Good Luck.

Normally there is always strong headwind Westbound accross the North Atlantic which maens longer flying time maybe 8 or more hours depending on weather conditions.

peeteechase
26th Nov 2002, 09:47
Dear Spit,
If it's BA and a 767 it must be out of Manchester. No seat back vid's but a shorter flight time, usually no ATC delays and friendly Manchester cabin crew.
Enjoy

ATB, PTC

Tyke returned
28th Nov 2002, 22:05
peeteechase is right - it's an old 767 out of manchester (1502 & 1503 flights) and is unlikely to be ever refurbished to the standards of the 777's and 744's out of LHR. No WTplus or seat back tv's and no flatbeds in club :(

World Traveller
30th Nov 2002, 21:01
Manchester - New York?

Go CO! New 767-400s, seat back TV thoughout Coach, 32" legroom, the most generous of the CO long haul fleet, and a comfortable 2-3-2 layout. they tell me the product up front is OK for a transatlantic aswell.

WT
-another prostitute to OnePass.

PS - remember to slip your favourite tipple into a Coke bottle as CO charge for drinks:-)