PDA

View Full Version : Checks

keeders
15th Nov 2002, 19:27
Hi all,

I'm a recently passed PPL and now settling down into trying to fly as much as possible to keep the hand in - it's never enough though.

In order to help me in this, I was planning to knock together some of my own checklists to complement the A/C checklist. I remember seeing on this forum recently (in the last month or so - vague I know) a wise individual who had acronyms etc for a variety of checks - on runway, after take-off etc etc.

Can anyone help me by either posting a link to that particular thread (I searched for about an hour last night but couldn't find it) ro by giving me their views on what they use to easily remember the various tasks.

I can easily remember FREDA / BUMPFITCH etc, it's just the others.

Thanks for any help,

Keeders:D

distaff_beancounter
15th Nov 2002, 20:58
I think that the thread that you are looking for, was on this forum in October. It was under the title:-
Mnemonic Phrases

Please try the search again, 'cos I can never get links to work for Pprune threads :(

Flyin'Dutch'
15th Nov 2002, 21:03
Hi Keeders,

Enjoy!

mnemonics (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70921&highlight=mnemonics)

FD :eek:

keeders
19th Nov 2002, 06:52
Thanks guys- I had managed to find the thread you've linked to though. There was a differerent one that I've seen but was unable to find in the search.

If anyone else remembers the one I'm on about please post.

Anyway, thanks again,

Keeders