PDA

View Full Version : AIS Meeting 15 November

rustle
15th Nov 2002, 17:31
AIS meeting, 10:30 15/11/2002, Heathrow.

This is only a *very* brief overview of our meeting today.

Mike, Rod, Andrew and I need to "agree" the position on this, then we'll give a much more detailed analysis. Expect this by Monday latest.

Timescales we will address in the fuller analysis, as well as details of attendees today.

However, a synopsis follows...

We asked for three basic deliverables from AIS as you'll recall:

1. Fix what's there
2. Daily printable download, sorted sensibly for "notice boards" and the like
3. Daily, raw-data (incl. Q-Line) snapshot for use in NotamPlot/Pro/another type programs

So, where are we now?

Realistically, we believe we have positive results in relation to 1 and 2 above.

(1)

We agreed that since the update of 6/11 the site seems to be more stable and faster.

We expect, as an output of the last three months, that AIS will instruct Thales to urgently address the outstanding issues with the website as it is today.

We agreed that the "Narrow Route Brief" was working to all intents, but was useful only for "point A to point B" pilots/flights.

We also agreed that all the other "briefings" were not very useful, and AIS/Thales need to urgently address this.

We expect to hear more good news about this before we post again...

(2)

This is a fundamental requirement, badly missed since the demise of the "A" series bulletins.

There is a requirement for this to be made available, and for the output to be sorted by increasing LAT. (as before).

This requirement is now formalised and we expect delivery of this "one-click download" by January 2003 latest.

This will enable gliding organisations to once more plan their tasks, schools to organise their exercises, hirers to organise their routes, "bimblers" to plan their jollies and anyone else to read and find the NOTAMS relevant to their proposed flights very quickly.

The reason it's a one-click solution is so that WHEREVER you get an FIR briefing it is in the same format. Safe. Sensible.

Four downloads available: one aerodromes and one Nav Warnings (en-route) for both EGTT and EGPX (London/Scotland)

We think this is an excellent result.

(3)

Item 3, for some the most important, is the "sticky" one.

NATS have some concerns regarding liability which the CAA have undertaken to begin addressing on Monday next (18/11/02)

If we hear back in time, we'll include the CAA feedback in our detailed analysis on Monday.

Well I said it would be brief, but now it's turned into an AIS-length briefing ;)

We appreciate all the feedback we have received through the Telecall website. We will leave that site running until ALL the issues are resolved, including the protracted discussions about raw data, and if you want to add-to or ask anything please use the "mail-to" links on the site.

More soon,

Russell, Mike, Rod, Andrew.
(X-posted to PPRuNe, Flyer Forum, Flyer List, Fly On Track)

Wot No Engines
15th Nov 2002, 21:37
Great job - many thanks :D

Dave Gittins
16th Nov 2002, 00:54
Well done chaps. I may not have been visible (keep shtumm when you have nothing constructive to say) but I have been watching this with considerable interest on various forums for a long while.

DGG
Fairoaks G-BSBA et al LTFC

:D

sennadog
16th Nov 2002, 08:40
As a "bimbler" I can only say heaps of thanks for all your efforts and if we ever get the opportunity to meet, then the beers will be on me.

With any luck, point 3 will be sorted out as well so that us "bimblers" can use an easy to see geographical interpretation so as to avoid "bimbling" into anything.

For your next project, I'd like you guys to organise AOPA/PFA and other bodies into a single cohesive unit that represents our interests plus get as many UK pilots to join this organisation.

We could call it The Bimblers Association, which has obvious connotations with the Ramblers Association who seem to be effective in representing the minority against stiff opposition.

Once again - cheers guys.

:D

bcfc
18th Nov 2002, 08:40
...yeah, and when you've finished with NATs & the AOPA, theres a smidge of a problem in the Middle East and global warming you could get stuck into. :D

Tks for all your efforts, they're much appreciated.

-bcfc

Mike Cross
18th Nov 2002, 12:50
We now have a report on the meeting held on Friday at AIS Heathrow. You can download or view the report by going to
http://www.telecall.uk.com/ais/news!.htm

The report is a factual account of what went on. Please feel free to post any questions arising from the meeting and one of us will respond with the answer.

Mike