PDA

View Full Version : anyone starting NATS course in January?

charliesays
11th Nov 2002, 23:36
Is anyone out there starting at Bournemouth, in January

If you are send me a message, to arrange for a beer & a chat, I am in SE England

Cheers

Charliesays

Barnaby the Bear
14th Nov 2002, 13:04
No sorry been there, done that. Didn't get the T-shirt as I only got my tower licence. But that hasn't stopped me!!!!!!!:p

left outer, right inner
14th Nov 2002, 13:11
Charlie!

I am starting in jan too! ;)

I am also in the SE of england so lets definitely hook up for that beer and chat etc!!!!!

LORI

BobAgg
14th Nov 2002, 18:06
Start in March

Keep in touch!

Cheers!

left outer, right inner
14th Nov 2002, 18:16
BobAgg

We will be taking you for the 'welcome to bournemouth' beers when you get down there! I look forward to it!

LORI

(edited due to the effect of beer):rolleyes:

Departures Beckham
14th Nov 2002, 20:39
Hey guys sorry to interupt, was just wondering when you took your selection tests. I'm heading to Kemble Street in January and was just trying to gauge which training class i'm likely to be in if (and when - I'm staying positive) I get through.

Just a rough guess is all I need.

fly bhoy
15th Nov 2002, 08:27
Departures

I had my final selection tests at the end of June this year and am on the July course next year. I think the October course next year will be nearly full (if it isn't already!!) so you may be looking at January possibly April '04.

I would get another job in the meantime!! :)

Good luck though.

FB

Departures Beckham
15th Nov 2002, 09:08
Thanks FB, I'll leave a window in my diary for 2004!

Barnaby the Bear
15th Nov 2002, 09:43
I wouldn't worry too much about setting up beers now. After the Highfield course (do they still do that?), ADC 2 will invite you to the 'meet & greet'. A chance for them to stare at you (and the other courses), and for you to turn up the next day with alcoholic breath, and regrets for the next 18 months over the person you snogged. GREAT!!!!;)

Good luck with the course!!!:p

Goidel
15th Nov 2002, 11:58
Departures,

Have my selection tests in about 10 days or so in Manchester and the letter that I got stated that they are looking for people starting Oct next year onwards, so I guess that that course is not totally full just yet. Presume that it would be by January though. Not sure what will do for a year or so if I get through though!

Good luck with it though.

von
19th Nov 2002, 12:46
I'm due to start in March '03 but haven't had a contract through. Anyone know when I'm due to get one? I'll be able to sleep a little sounder knowing NATS have signed on the dotted line.

Cheers,
Von

BobAgg
19th Nov 2002, 17:51
Von,

I start in March 2003, don't think you'll get a contract as such, next you'll hear from them will be joining instructions and a list of acommodation!

I'm from Scotland as well, what a stroke of luck that Buzz will starting PK-HH the day before starts!:)

Get in touch if you want anymore info.!

Cheers!

5milesbaby
19th Nov 2002, 22:47
The first week at Highfield or whereever they do it now is when you get your contract to 'read' and sign, however some contract changes will state 'by presenting yourself for work indicates this contract has been accepted' or words to that effect, so be warned, especially when you get the changes AT WORK, therefore theoretically you accept just by reading it.

von
20th Nov 2002, 17:23
Cheers for the info. Buzz flights will be v.handy for popping back up for a wee swally every now & again. Anyone know if we get cheap flights while at Bournemouth?