PDA

View Full Version : B737-200 Stall warning

BMM389EC
10th Nov 2002, 13:59
Had an interesting one yesterday. On rotation got a continous stall warning. Aircraft was flying quite happily so we continued till we had time to sort it out. Eventually got it to stop by pulling the CBs on the no.1 system. no.2 system quite happy that we were'nt stalling. Anyone have any ideas what would cause this? May have something to do with the flight /ground sensor? no.1 system was happy on the ground but not when in the air?

Also after all this noticed there was no checklist for the stall warning 'Off' light in the QRH. Bit strange , thought there was supposed to be a light for every amber light?

Slasher
10th Nov 2002, 14:07
Youll most likely find the AoA vane under the boss's sliding window was stuck.

Captain Stable
10th Nov 2002, 23:10
For no aircraft will you ever find a QRH entry for every eventuality. Don't think the airlines would accept the weight penalty! :D

And Slasher (as per usual - he continually amazes me! :) ) has almost certainly got it right.

BMM389EC
11th Nov 2002, 06:11
When we landed at destination I checked the AoA vanes, thought that may have been the problem but they were'nt. When CBs reset on the return leg we had the same problem. Interesting one.

320DRIVER
11th Nov 2002, 11:17
The AoA is a good guess and could also be quite subtle such as intermittently sticking rather than jammed.

Another problem could be the flap position switch feeding the stall warning system. The system would then not "know" the position for the flaps which is a factor in determining the stalling speed. Had this a couple of times on our fleet.

maxalt
15th Nov 2002, 19:07
When CBs reset on the return leg we had the same problem.

Is it not an AOG item then...Stall Warning?:eek:

ironbutt57
15th Nov 2002, 19:28
Maxalt:D :D :D ...oops

Slasher
17th Nov 2002, 18:45
ASFKAP - amen mate! #1 gen US? No problem! Bung the APU on Gen Bus 1! Your MEL'ed, deferred defected, signed out, off you go! Then a week later the APU craps itself in mid-cruise and you end up diverting to "the nearest suitable airport" as per the single gen drill, and suddenley engineering have egg on there faces because the damn aeroplane has been sittin on its arse at home base for 6 hours every night and no bastard even bothered to try and fix the damn thing. Simpley because the damn MEL says no one has to friggin repair it for 30 days!

Whatever happened to the old "cant depart a base where repairs can be made" bit in the MEL? Who invented this 7 day, 20 day, 30 day DDG crap anyway?

And um, yeh the flap xmitter could be the prob too, but never heard of a -15A engine starter cutout causin stall warn probs in the -200.

Burger Thing
18th Nov 2002, 01:31
:D Slasher, I really think you worked in our company here in Subang before... Sounds so familiar!

maxalt
18th Nov 2002, 17:44
Its been a while since I saw a -200 with two stall warning systems

Me too. Isn't there only one AoA Vane?
If the prob is with the single vane then the whole system is u/s, innit?

maxalt
19th Nov 2002, 23:32
My memory is fading...must be ould age setting in.

Great aeroplane though. Miss it.

Slasher
24th Nov 2002, 02:31
Burger T youll find the application of MEL will be used in its most lazyest bloodey interpretation by engineers around the world. Ha Noi or Subang or even LHR it makes no diference.

ASKFAP yeh our mob has its own Master MEL schedule that differs from Boeings one based on our route structure. A genny can be out for 10 days (not 30 as I mistakenly mentioned). APUs are finicky things on 737s and no one can predict when an APU will crap itself on any particular aircraft.

Goldenhawk
24th Nov 2002, 20:34
For what its worth, the illumination of the stall wrn off light indicates the possibility of heater failure of the AoA sensor, system signal failure and or electrical pwr failure..to determine which component of the stall wrning system is inoperative simply perform the TEST. If the light remains illum, then the heating component has failed..if the light extinguishes and the indicator fails to rotate, the the continuity system is inoperative....

The internal heating feature is only available when No1 Engine is operating and or air ground safety sensor is in air mode...

Hope this is of some assistance...