Hi
I was wondering if there is any time limit for
finishing
all the ppl written exam?

thanks

Thumpango
9th Nov 2002, 15:21
Hi P16,

you used to have to pass all the written exams under JAR within 12 months of passing the first exam.
That thankfully seems to have changed very recently to 18 months, which is good news as far as I am concerned!
I believe you then have two years after this to pass the practical tests.

Have fun!

Pilot16
9th Nov 2002, 18:01
Thanks for your help Thumpango :)

wookiepilot
10th Nov 2002, 08:57
pilot 16, double check this if you wish but the expiry date on the jar ppl exams is as follows:

air law passed 1/1/02(example) you have a period of twelve months in which to complete all gound exams and for the CAA to have taken receipt of you application for issue of your PPL.

ONCE YOU HAVE REACHED THE ANIVERSARY OF THE FIRST EXAM IE 1/1/03 YOUR FIRST PASS WHICH WILL/SHOULD BE YOU AIR LAW WILL EXPIRE AND WILL NEED TO BE RE-TAKEN, thus each exam date reached without issue of your ppl will require a resit.

Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!

knobbygb
10th Nov 2002, 10:28
As Thumpango says, it has apparently recently been changed to 18 months from the date of the first pass. I hope this is the case because it's just over a year since I did my air law and I'm about to take the GFT on the back of this.

Anyway, here's the link to the CAA doc. At the top of page 4 in this doc (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_gid21.pdf) (PDF) it says:

An applicant shall be deemed to have successfully completed the theoretical examinations for the JAR-FCL PPL(A) when awarded a pass in all of the above examinations within a period of 18 months. A pass will be accepted for the grant of a JAR-FCL PPL(A) during the 24 months from the date of successfully completing the theoretical knowledge examinations.

Sounds pretty conclusive, but could somebody who is absolutley sure of this please confirm? Thanks.

StrateandLevel
10th Nov 2002, 10:46
18 months is correct and has been since September. Not all schools seem to be aware of this yet.