PDA

View Full Version : Met Course (Torquay) December

Barnaby the Bear
2nd Nov 2002, 10:20
Just wanted to know if anybody is going to be on the Met Course in Torquay In December (9th-20th)?:p :cool:

Barnaby the Bear
6th Nov 2002, 11:22
So that will be a no then? :(

vintage ATCO
6th Nov 2002, 12:42
Torquay??? :rolleyes:

I did my met course at Stansted, Dec 1967. It was foggy for the entire two weeks! :D

almost professional
6th Nov 2002, 13:20
come on SP-surely you know that the Met Office has exchanged the delights of shinfield park (including squirrels) for the english riviera!

vintage ATCO
6th Nov 2002, 19:42
Bah! Far too cushy. They should be enduring the privations of Essex! :p ;) :p ;)

almost professional
6th Nov 2002, 20:02
i still don't know how i got the council to pay for me to spend a week at heathrow taking photos (or should that have been doing obs) :D

Barnaby the Bear
7th Nov 2002, 08:50
Its always foggy where I work anyway, so that wouldn't make a difference. :D

matspart3
7th Nov 2002, 17:16
There will be an ATSA and an ATCO from EGBJ attending, doing their second weeks at Manch.
It's all changed a bit since I went to Shinfield Park. Apparently you actually have to 'pass' the test at the end of the week now...when I was there in 1991, you could use all the textbooks. My recollections of the entire week are somewhat hazy and I don't think my liver has ever fully recovered. Did my second week at Stansted in February....great fun...NOT!

Evil Jethro
13th Nov 2002, 20:09
I did my Met course in Torquay a couple of weeks ago. Its actually quite a good laugh; you could compress it into 2 days though if they wanted too but why hurry??!!

And you can still use all your text books in the final exam.

The main problem is finding the place on the first day, the directions are dire (unless they've changes them since we complained!!)

They second week is however...quite dull!!!!!

Barnaby the Bear
14th Nov 2002, 12:57
Thankyou. i have just received all the pre course notes regarding the course, and the directions. The directions don't look too bad, but we shall see on the day.

My Satco managed to get through the course so there is hope for me:D