PDA

View Full Version : How is Rex doing?

apacau
1st Nov 2002, 08:01
I was excited to read the news this evening that Rex will commence a Traralgon-Canberra-Sydney service from Nov 11.

Some SA routes have been increased.

However, I was less pleased to read that Canberra-Melbourne and Canberra-Sydney have been significantly reduced.

How are Rex going? What parts are suffering and what parts are doing well?

fanning
1st Nov 2002, 11:01
They are cutting back on their DPO - ML services to one a day (?) according to the local news - Think it was around 30% load factors

Icarus2001
1st Nov 2002, 19:30
A reasonable source told me yesterday that the cash burn rate is about $1.5 million per month at present.

Ozgrade3
2nd Nov 2002, 12:08
They seem to be carrying a few more pax each day, slowy growing if that can be assertained by the nos of bags we pull off the SAABs or come down the shute going outbound. I just hope they dont run out of cash before the no gt to a sustainable level.

Geddy
13th Nov 2002, 00:06
More idiots running airlines. No doubt they reinstated the Capital Shuttle because of the sucess KD had with it....BUT .......don't they realise that it depended on AN oncarriage?!!

People don't want to fly in SAABs to CB, it's a major trunk route. SAAB's are for Wagga Wagga.

Aladdin
13th Nov 2002, 04:37
Then why do qf use the dash8???

uuuuuummmmm????????????

Hugh Jarse
13th Nov 2002, 07:14
You and I know Aladdin that a turboprop is significantly cheaper over such a sector as Canberra, and only a minute or so slower.

Factor in getting "Maestro'd" into Sydney and you sometimes end up there the same time :D

Feedback from the CB pax is they like the -315's with ANVS. ;)

Bring on the -400's :D

hoss
13th Nov 2002, 20:57
in addition to Hugh Jarse, the APU on the dash is a winner (albeit TQA/B/C). will the REX aircraft be on the ground for a while during summer or are they going for quick turn-arounds?

a heat soaked SF-340 and DHC-8 for that matter are considerably uncomfortable and temperature control is 'critical' in winning pax on this particular route.

'been there doing that', Hoss. ;)

Mr Wright
14th Nov 2002, 20:28
Hoss, APU's are great, but "temperature control critical in winning pax on this route"

B****!!!!

Why are REX loads increasing then?????????

Maybe the service!!!!

RampDog
15th Nov 2002, 02:12
Re: the SAAB's lack of A/C. REX are purchasing a number of ground a/c units to provide a comfortable cabin temperature on the ground, when required. They are doing all they can to win and keep their customers, using limited and valuable resources, and are keeping their heads above water in the interim.
They still provide a good old fashioned personalised service which measures up with country folk and people in small business, and gives an alternative to QFLink.
I still think they intend to hang in until they can pick up substantial on carriage from the mirage-like "new start" airline, if it ever happens.
I wouldn't be surprised though if they link up with DJ, now that they are going full scale. It would seem the most logical thing to do, although they could/would end up being a DJ subsidiary!
History has proved there is room in this country for only 2 main players to make real money, with everything else running off them.
DJ/REX could end up mirroring the QLink operation with their own B717s, Global Express/CRJ or maybe even Embraer 135/145. Anything is possible, as there are plenty of bargains to be had !!

AutoCoarsenHigh
16th Nov 2002, 00:53
Sick 'em REX!!!! :D

pa31p
16th Nov 2002, 07:07
the dhc-8-315's are nice :) on the inside!