PDA

View Full Version : LHR Night Flights

expedite_climb
28th Oct 2002, 21:16
I'm not sure of the specific regs regarding night flights from LHR, but they normally seem to stop at 11:30 ish. Not sure when they start in the morning, but have never been woken up by them before.

Mrs exp was a little upset that her beauty sleep was disturbed at 3am this morning (and boy does she need it!! :D ) by a bloody big growl over the house.... whats goin on ???

southern duel
28th Oct 2002, 21:45
You might not have noticed but there was lots of high winds battering Heathrow yesterday. The flight you heard was the Qantas QF010 wghich was delayed. It got airborne at 02:59.

Normally aircraft do stop flying approx 11.30 but as you can imagine yesterday was exceptional circumstances so aircraft were allowed to depart subject of course to their noise rating. For example the old gas guzzlers i.e the classic 747' s would be refused.

we do try and keep the neighbours happy you know !!
:)

expedite_climb
29th Oct 2002, 07:01
southern duel,

thanks for the info, just wasnt sure on the regs thats all - as one who flys from lgw I probably upset more people all through the night !. Yes you can tell the gas guzzlers from the noise as they go over !

Wind ? Nah didnt spot that one. :D :D