PDA

View Full Version : British Airways "Shuttle"

bhunwicks
25th Oct 2002, 16:46
Hi,

How does a British Airways "Shuttle" flight appear to ATC. Does it come up as SHTXXX or BAWXXX ? I was just wondering as BA is still the flight operator, it's simply the callsign thats different.

Regards

chiglet
25th Oct 2002, 17:21
At Manch,
On the "AMOSS" screen, [An Airport wide ATC/Handling Agent/Apron...etc] It apperars as BAW SHT3N
However on the Flight Progress Strips for ATC, they are "merely" SHT3N
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th Oct 2002, 18:49
On LTCC and LACC radars and flight progress strips they come up as the callsign, not as BAW.

BALIX
25th Oct 2002, 22:18
Yup, at ScACC as well. SHT7W and so on. The numbers refered to the destination - 2 Heathrow-Glasgow, 3 Glagow-Heathrow, 4 Heathrow-Edinburgh and so on. The letter at the end was the specific flight of the day, not that they seemed to go in any particular order.

In the good old days, the Shuttle callsign prefix was simply the two letterd 'SH'. Shame there was never a Shuttle One as we would eventually have had a 'Shuttle One Tango'.

;)

NW1
28th Oct 2002, 22:30
"When I" was on that fleet, it was 2/3 MAN & back (ie. SHT2A was LHR-MAN and SHT3B was MAN-LHR), 4/5 BFS & back, 6/7 GLA & back and 7/8 EDI & back

PPRuNe Radar
28th Oct 2002, 22:52
NW1 .... they still are, tho EDI is 8 and 9.

Ooooops, that makes me an anorak. :(

SHT is an ICAO designator and Shuttle the ICAO callsign.

bhunwicks
29th Oct 2002, 16:14
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Regards

Ben Hunwicks

chiglet
29th Oct 2002, 18:34
There used to be a Genuine [Oily, Dark Brown Wooden ] Shuttle on display at Manch, then some plonk, painted it in BEA colours:rolleyes: :D
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy