PDA

View Full Version : F50 Aom/f70 Afm

Flying Spaniard
23rd Oct 2002, 09:01
G'day,
I'm not sure whether i'm in the right place for this question if not i'm sorry!

I got my hands on a Fokker 70 AFM from Tyrolean and a Fokker 50 AOM (No i am no hijacker and i didn't steal tehm:eek: )
I suppose the AOM is available for sale for everyone going for a type rating and it shouldn't be a problem to obtain one.
but the AFM is bounded to its A/C right? i mean every aircraft has its own AFM?

How much are these manuals worth?
I'm just asking out of curiousity and no i wont sell them!
Thanks!

john_tullamarine
23rd Oct 2002, 11:05
The manufacturers produce a 'typical' Specimen Manual which is suitable for general use.

To address individual build differences and role-specific equipment installations across the fleet, each aircraft has a specific AFM tied to the S/N. This document is an extension of the Certificate of Airworthiness and is a very important legal document as it defines the application of the certification design standards and rules for this PARTICULAR aircraft.

Generally you can expect the first copy of a manufacturer's manual to cost you an obscene number of dollars ... as is usual in commercial transactions the bulk discounts tend to be very attractive.

mutt
23rd Oct 2002, 12:26
How much are these manuals worth?

These will be generic manuals which are not tied to the aircraft and are therefore not worth much! I got a copy of a SR71 Flight Manual off the net for $50.

Mutt.

Flying Spaniard
23rd Oct 2002, 12:31
Thanks!
Now i am almost positive that this is the first AFM for this A/C i checked the S/N and it apears that the A/C is still in service by Tyrolean.
Now are you implying that i have got some sort of legal document in my possesion?
What kind of obscene money amount are we talking here?
Thank you

But in there it says it belongs to Tyrolean and it has it serial No printed in it also the amendment record sheet...
it doesnt look very generic to be honest

mutt
23rd Oct 2002, 15:48
If it is the original from the aircraft its probably stolen, so I doubt that you will get any money for it.....

Mutt.

Flying Spaniard
24th Oct 2002, 00:51
No it aint stolen i got it from a friend that works at Stork aviation but i didn't ask him these questions as they didn't ocur to m.
what would Tyrolean had to pay for these manuals?
i suppose it isn't worth much money on the current market since that it is specific for this A/C.
and as i sed before Mutt, i DON NOT want to sell it i am just curious to the amount involved! please read my posts
Thanks