PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Farnboro LARS?

rustle
21st Oct 2002, 14:37
Hi

I was talking to Farnboro LARS on Saturday, about noonish local, and the chap at Farnboro (as well as being very busy!) had a great deal of difficulty being heard by a heavily accented (French??) female pilot.

Question - did this pilot go to Bournemouth or were they, infact, inbound Farnborough?

If the controller at the time reads this, he'll know why I asked :)

Many thanks

SonicTPA
23rd Oct 2002, 16:46
Lots of us from Farnborough are here, but the controller in question isn't. However, he has passed on this message:-

Dear farnborough Lars customer. Re Sat 19 Oct 2002, noonish.

I was that duty controller working busily on Lars when I received a weak and broken (French?) transmission from an unexpected inbound.

I would like to thank the pilot who offered the info regarding bournemouth. Tracing action was initiated and it was confirmed that the a/c had indeed landed at bournemouth, and had no intention of going to farnborough.

As with all sunny days, we were busy in the sweathouse, plus I had a heathrow zone infringement at 2.4A QNH, with an RTF fail, which was threatening to stop all heathrow departures. Telephone workload was hideously high fro the farnborough team.

Some interesting factors: I had to work on a 20nm range and not 40nm range in order to deconflict aircraft against higher energy farnbourgh based aircraft. The bournemouth inbound was not registering on DF and could not be identified due to poor radar coverage at range. 6 to 8 aircraft were already standing-by while adjacent units were in dialogue with farnborough.

Anyway, all's well that end's well, thank you all for your patience and particular thanks to one pilot - you'll know who I mean.

:)

A typical day at farnborough then...
SonicTPA

rustle
23rd Oct 2002, 18:38
SonicTPA,

Excellent, thanks :)