PDA

View Full Version : UK ATPL to JAA licence. How?

ratbag
18th Oct 2002, 10:15
I have a UK ATPLA and have been told that it would be advantageous to convert it to a JAA, (not JAR) licence.

Anybody know how to do it?

Thanks

ratty

Firestorm
18th Oct 2002, 10:31
Have a look at the CAA website: it has all the details and you can download the relevant form, which I think is JAR FCL 680.

When your licence is renewed I think that it will be renewed as a JAR ATPL as a matter of course.

Therom
18th Oct 2002, 11:56
The CAA told me I needed to have 500 Multi-Crew hours, also to sign a bit of paper saying I had read JAR Op's !!!

Big_Yellow_Bird
18th Oct 2002, 12:31
As we are on the licence topic, could someone answer this question?

When someone gains a JAR Frozen ATPL, what has to be accomplished for the Frozen Licence to be converted into a full ATPL?

Cheers

BYB

Meeb
18th Oct 2002, 20:20
Ratbag, there is no such thing as a 'JAR' licence so you would be getting a 'JAA' licence anyway.

To qualify for a JAA ATPL on the conversion from a CAA ATPL is as follows.

1500+hrs P1 multi crew experience - no further requirement.

500+hrs P1 multi crew experience - pass JAR exams in performance and flight planning, however those who have passed these exams at CAA ATPL level (including Perf A), will be exempt these requirements.

I believe the P1 requirement has now been relaxed to include any operating capacity. Also, the multi crew experience used to have to be JAR25 aircraft, this has also been relaxed to include any aircraft which is required to be flown multi crew by the national authority of the country of registration/operation.

So, in a nutshell, the minimum required to convert is 500+hrs multi crew experience.

By the way, UK CAA ATPL's will still be available for renewals indefinetly.

ratbag
21st Oct 2002, 16:18
Thanks meeb, you managed to rtfq the best!
Seriously, a great help.

ratty