PDA

View Full Version : Embraer 145

jorgvaz
11th Oct 2002, 04:28
Hi, anybody knows if the Embraer 145 has autothrottle?
A colleague told me that during a presentation of a new company , that will operate this kind of aircraft, into 145's features, they included a glass cockpit, FMC , FADEC system, etc, but without autothrottle!!
Really, I haven't enough information about it, but sounds extraneous !

Thank you!

fatboy slim
11th Oct 2002, 06:53
No autothrottle - correct. We actually have to move the thrust levers to go faster and slower.

When i started flying the thing we couldn't use the A/P or flight director below 1500'. Thats sorted now and it is a CATII aircraft. Some EMB145 operators have Head-Up Display (Luxair were first i think) but none in the UK that i know.

The EMB 170/190 will have autothrottle and CAT III capability.

jorgvaz
11th Oct 2002, 07:27
Why a high tech aircraft hasn't autothrottle? perhaps due to a problem with the engines?
I am totally astounded by that!

brakechute
11th Oct 2002, 14:00
While there is a post on the Embraer 145 can anybody help me with some information about the jet. I'm going to fly it in two weeks to do a handling and systems assessment. If anyone has any views/opinions on how the aircraft handles, does it have a dutch roll problem, any intrusive avderse/proverse yaw? Is the auto-pilot any good, what is the FMS like, easy to use? Intuative. Anyway, if anyone can help me either post a message here or send me a message. Thanks in anticipation.