PDA

View Full Version : Pprune - The League Tables.....

LowNSlow
9th Oct 2002, 00:03
In numbers of post terms Private Flying is lying behind:

1 Jetblast - 82,957
2 Reporting Points - 65,408
3 Wannabees - 48,913
4 Southwest Airlines - 31,200

5 Private Flying - 29,821

I'm pleased to enjoy such an active BB and proud to wear a PPRuNe badge (especially for ID purposes at bashes) and thankful for Danny (one XK8, one 767) for providing it. Maybe it's the fact that our professional lives are not affected by our posts that we can say so much in such a short space of time.

Alternative 1. Maybe we just like to talk more :D

Alternative 2. Maybe we just know less :D :D

FlyingForFun
9th Oct 2002, 08:13
We may be 5th, but there's no doubt that this is the most interesting forum on PPRuNe.

1) JetBlast. There's such a wide range of topics on here, I can't believe anyone can be interested in all of them. Sometimes I follow most of the active threads, sometimes only one or two, but never all of them

2) Reporting points. Yawn. Who really cares which airline is buying which other airline. I spend enough time in my job sitting at desk worrying about work-related things. Ok, there's the occassional thread that's actually about flying, but this whole topic is more about politics than flying.

3) Wannabes. A very varied forum. Ranges from genuinely interesting questions about getting a license, through to the repetitive "I want to be a pilot, what should I do?", through to industry-watching and job-hunting. Personally, I'm interested in getting an ATPL, but I'm not yet interested in job-hunting. Once I've got an ATPL(f), I imagine that will change. Can't see too many people being interested in every single thread, although most of the threads are actually useful and relevant

4) Southwest Airlines. How the hell did this get to be no. 4? I can't believe there are more Soutwest bods out there than wannabes - they must just be a talkative lot!

5) Private flying - the creme de la creme. Almost every post is about flying, which is what we're all interested in. It's rare that there are more than one or two active threads that I'm not interested in on this forum. Doesn't matter whether it's a student struggling to go solo, someone wanting information on a rare type, or people recounting flying stories from the previous weekend or the previous decade - let's talk about flying, and talk about it like we enjoy it!

So I, personally, don't care what the stats say - Private Flying is number 1, and let's keep it there!

FFF
-------------

BRL
9th Oct 2002, 09:37
Good stuff. This was the situation regarding number of posts at the begining of July........Numbers rounded off. Example, JB was 63.225...............
[list=1]
JB- 63.2
Rep Pts 59.1
Wannabees 42.9
Dunnunda 37.8
Mil 23.8
Rotorheads 20.5
Questions 20.3
Private flying 19.3
Tech log 19.0
[/list=1]
(This didn't include the private airline forums.)

This was how many topics there were back then....
[list=1]
5395 wannabees
4607 rept pts
4009 questions
3290 dunnunda
3125 JB
2271 Rotorheads
2032 Tech log
1812 Private Flying
1257 Mil
[/list=1]

We are doing well, gone up a few places and getting better all the time. :)
Well done you lot, keep it up. :)

Grim Reaper 14
9th Oct 2002, 10:08
Maybe a thread about dentistry would be a good idea.....?

Ha Ha HAAAAA!!!:D :D :D

Aussie Andy
9th Oct 2002, 10:18
Private Flying consists mainly of people who fly, privately: we are special, and there are less of us! Thats all ;)

sennadog
9th Oct 2002, 10:28
Correct me if I'm wrong but this Forum only really got going for me in January which IMO is a combination of good moderation and the fact that you can come on here and ask as many daft questions without getting flamed.

I've yet to encounter any comments along the lines of "Why don't you work it out for yourself?" and there can be some spirited debates but no bashing.

There is less bull**** on this Forum and posters seem less willing to post spurious comments just for the sake of it which, I guess, leads to a reduction in the post count for which I am grateful.

G SXTY
9th Oct 2002, 12:36
Ahhh, group hug everyone. :)

sharpshot
9th Oct 2002, 12:57
Alternate 3

LowNSlow has what's left of his 28 days leave left at Home sweet Home - and he's been boosting the forum:D :D

Sounds like BRL could be on to a bonus.......part funded by d_b to be sure;)

Interesting forum really, but - and not meaning to stir it, some appear a bit bashfull about posting elsewhere.
There's one in RP at the minute started by an ATCO 120.4 about planes turning up at LHR with fumes in the tanks - I'm keen to chat to an engineer I know then post back - how can they all be flying on fumes when I thought they were supposed to be keeping the fuel pumps covered in fuel (Boeings anyway)