PDA

View Full Version : NERC Hotels

ex-EGLL
7th Oct 2002, 23:23
Hi, slightly off topic, but here goes. A few years ago I visited the NERC, and stayed at a nearby Hotel. I seem to recall that most of the Guests there were 'NERC Related". If the memory cells aren't too badly distorted the hotel was a few miles East and just to the north of the motorway. Not a good description I am afraid, but if anyone can throw a few names around, it may ring a bell at this end. I am staying over in London for a few days, and hotel prices around EGLL are out of this world.

If anyone has any ideas for accomodation between EGLL and the coast for under a hundred quid please let me know.

ex-EGLL

Upanunder
8th Oct 2002, 06:15
Hi,
If it was definitely north of the M27, the most likely hotel is the Solent at Whitely. Others used by NATS/NERC people include the Marriot (Meon Valley Golf & Country Club), or the Marriot at North Harbour (Portsmouth) or the Botley Park.

Upanunder

eyeinthesky
8th Oct 2002, 08:57
Marriot Meon Valley has a very reasonable corporate rate with NATS and has a golf club and leisure facilities on the premises if you are in to that sort of thing. You can also get Marriot points to save up for free stays at other hotels or things. It is in Shedfield, near Wickham, away from motorways (the Portsmouth Marriot and the Solent are close to the M27) and is about 12 mins drive from NERC.

We all started in the Botley Park during OCT but the contract was moved to the Meon Valley following various complaints..

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Oct 2002, 10:34
B - We use Travel Inn or Travelodge in the UK and there are some not a million miles from NERC (wherever that is!!). Travel Inn has places at Fareham, Portsmouth, Southsea, Southampton... Probably less than £50 per night, accommodation only but there's always a restaurant next door for brekky, etc. Try: Travel Inn (http://www.travelinn.co.uk)

O course, if you're on vast expenses have a look at this site and you'll probably find something: Local Hotels (http://www.hamblevalley.com/accommodation.htm)

ex-EGLL
9th Oct 2002, 05:42
Thanks All
The Solent was the place, and the rate is affordable!!

ex-EGLL