PDA

View Full Version : Oshawa Airport, ON

Tonic Please
4th Oct 2002, 17:05
As some of you know, i did my PPl at the VFC in Victoria BC last year. Now, I want to do my CPL, Multi, Night and Instrument and I have discovered a place called NextJet. They are based at Oshawa airport Ontario, and provide the training I require.

If anybody can give me some insight into the company of NextJet, apart from what is on the website, such as how pilots actually work...i.e structure and hours, and also know anything more about the Oshawa pilot training Programs there I would be very grateful...

Canada is the most beautiful place in the world, and for that reason, along wth others, I shall be emmigrating there before I am 21, (currently 18, in 2 weeks)... So watch out...I'll be one of you soon :D :D

Thanks for help in advanced and smooth skies to all.

P.S - I'm coming over to Toronto next May, so maybe if anyone in the area of Whitby wants to grab a bite and say Hi, i'd be more than happy. :cool: :)

Yoho
5th Oct 2002, 04:40
Tonic Please:

Check out the Canadian Aviation Forum web site. A whole lot of info on there re: schools, flying, Cdn jobs etc and "get-togethers" are frequently planned.

Better still, post what you just did here in their "Pilot discussion" section.

Cheers!

Tonic Please
6th Oct 2002, 13:47
Many thanks for your reply. I have had problems signing up on that thing as there are no names availible so far...I'm running out of ideas..Any help anyone :D

Smooth skies you lot

Dan :)

Yoho
6th Oct 2002, 14:33
Hey Tonic Please:

Why don't you try Cornwall Aviation (in Summerstown, Ontario). They might even be able to, besides giving you the training you're looking for a place for you to stay. I did all my training there, wonderful people and dang good rates!

Also, is it with the Canadian Aviation Forum you're having problems logging in?

Cheers!

Tonic Please
6th Oct 2002, 15:19
Heya again. Many thanks for the suggestion Yoho. I shall be looking them up. You said they had good rates. Well, anything in Canada is better than England...I'm sure you know that we are averaging about £110+, and thats a figure I have not seen for a long time here in Surrey England. This one at NextJet, Oshawa Airport say 55 bucks an hour in their 150 Cessna, which is completely amazing but putting the amazement aside, is good value and will keep my overall cost down.

Can I ask what you do now for a living in aviation in Canada. How easy was it to get a job? I guess it was easier then before september 11th? Did you get employed by a charter company like NextJet aviation are, and build twin hours etc...Also, once I'm emigrated and settling in, and building hours, I'll be looking at ATPL's. I know that is a few years off, but do you know anything about this in Canada?

About Canadian Aviation. I am not having trouble actually signing in...I have used up so many name suggestions I have run out of ideas. Tonic Please is used..I guess i'll try Toni Please 340, my favourite plane :confused:

Many thanks

Smooth skies all...

Dan :D
(Toronto is now April 22nd to May 2nd if you think you could pop by?)

Yoho
6th Oct 2002, 15:36
I'll beam up other ideas later this evening. Gotta go for the day.

See ya!

MLS-12D
17th Oct 2002, 23:46
Don't know if you will be in Oshawa June 13-15, 2003, but if so you might want to attend the aviation expo: www.canadianaviationexpo.com

Tonic Please
18th Oct 2002, 07:31
MLS...That could be likely. I shall look at that website and shove it in favourites. Thanks very much for it. I presume you shall be going?

Smooth skies

MLS-12D
21st Oct 2002, 20:58
Hello Dan,

Yes, I will probably go.

I have not been in several years; the weather is usually good around the time that they conduct the show, and I'd rather be flying than walking around indoors. However, I understand that last year's show was pretty good (their advertising brochure quotes some anonymous source referring to the show as "a mini-Oshkosh"), so I will likely make the trip in 2003. There are usually some interesting exhibiters to see. :)

Tonic Please
21st Oct 2002, 21:20
That sounds like fun! I was going to be going to an Oshkosh airshow once to see the Aviation humourist and pilot, Rod Machado! I was in contact with him for a few months and we arranged a possible flight if I met him at one of the tents but I never got round to going.

Is the brochure advertising it worth looking at? If so, would you by any chance be able to mail it to me? Or perhaps theres something on the net advertising it? I'll PM my address if needs be.

Smooth skies!