PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Edinburgh ATC

Circuit Basher
4th Oct 2002, 10:32
As everyone seems to be doing it, I thought I'd try sorting out a visit to Edinburgh ATC for the Club and offer any spare slots to PPRuNers, using a personal contact in the Approach Room.

I've got a provisional date at the end of Oct for up to 6 visitors..... unfortunately, I already have 6 takers from the Club so it doesn't look like I'll be able to offer any slots to PPRuNers; sorry!

Once I've been once and sussed it out, I'll see how the suggestion of a 2nd trip goes (I know there are at least 2 PPRuNers who are air traffickers - one at EGPH and one at EGPK - if they want to send me a private email to indicate whether they'd be prepared to host a visit). It could form the basis of a 'Mini PPRuNe Bash' if anyone wished to go and sip a glass of water ;) ;) afterwards!!

For the guys and gals North of the Wall, I will try to sort something, honest!!

tomahawk1673
4th Oct 2002, 20:42
I'm a student in Edinburgh, with a PPL. I'm not a member of the Club, but am interested in joining and also an ATC visit. :)

Regards

BRL
4th Oct 2002, 20:46
Watch out for that lot up there. They are all mad train spotters.!! Seriously, they are :p Send my best wishes to one of them, she knows who she is. :)

Circuit Basher
7th Oct 2002, 07:20
BRL - assume you mean the one and only Caroline! ;)

Met her at one of the GLA bashes - will pass on your regards. I'm fairly sure she'll be on shift at the time we're there as she's on the same watch as the guy I know who's coordinating the trip.

Tomahawk1673 - the Club I'm talking about is the Socttish Civil Service Flying Club, based at Perth, who operate a Fuji [G-KARI], not Edinburgh FC. I'll let you know if we have a last minute slots or if I get another arranged.