PDA

View Full Version : Met Office.

sennadog
3rd Oct 2002, 17:32
A couple of questions for you guys. Firstly, has anyone subscribed to the enhanced features on the Met Office site and have they found them useful? In particular the three day planner and the graphical displays.

Secondly, has anyone used the verbal briefing available from them? It sounds like a good, if expensive idea but before I shell out my dosh I'm after some opinions as I know how to use the standard forms but I'd like someone to back up my interpretations for Saturday.

Cheers all.

PS. Is anyone else getting excited about this bash or is it a case of first day at school syndrome?:D

PhilD
3rd Oct 2002, 19:47
Is the verbal briefing supposed to be like the one you get for free in the US, and how much do the Met Office charge for it?

Who has control?
4th Oct 2002, 07:23
Sennadog,
I subscribed while it was free, (now thats a contradiction I'm sure), and found it OK but not brilliant. I'm not going to pay out for it.

And yes, I'm getting a bit nervous about Saturday, mainly about the forecast cloud. But definately looking forward to it.

essouira
4th Oct 2002, 08:22
I used it while it was free too but haven't subscribed. The three day forecast is probably as reliable as the weather on the tv - I tend to use long and short TAFs and they're free. If any ppruners have used the personalised briefing service, it would be good to hear their opinions.