PDA

View Full Version : Flying Magazines!

Jim SC
2nd Oct 2002, 01:52
I am wondering about a few different magazines that are great, or popular in the aviation field. What do you guys read?

I live in the US (MI), and have a PPL. Looking to start training for a CFI after the other ratings in the future, and while I get my college degree! (just for a little backgrund so you guys can recommend a certain magazine)

THanks for the help

Jim SC
3rd Oct 2002, 01:10
bump!

FRIDAY
3rd Oct 2002, 02:29
Well whether or not you can order them in your local shop or not?
But try these> Pilot/Today's Pilot/FLYER, I find these are great for people getting into this industry whether pro or for fun, they have some very good articles of relevance especially for ppl level.
Flight International is an excellent tool to keep your finger on the pulse of the industry, and if you have a strong interest in all things technical and future developements its great but of course its industry news as opposed to ppl tips.
Also the american mag, Flying is good especially the "I learnt from that" page. The rest of the mags I find are more of a pictorial collage pleasing to the eye an all that.
I also subscribe to a paper "IFTN" which gives good stories and info on types of training and training establishments.
I never really spend to much money on them, rather I spend an hour or two reading them in the shop, if I like I buy, or check the relevant webside to read it.

gizbug
3rd Oct 2002, 02:51
Jim:

From a fellow Michigan aviator, hello.

I would highly recommend AOPA's Flight Training Magazine over anything else. This is a "top notch" magazine that deals with A LOT of topics that will interest you in your trainings.

I am trying to find out more about the magazine Professional Pilot Magazine. I am debating on it, and haven't heard much talk about it.

Take a trip, Jim, over to http://www.aopa.org and have a look around. You will be glad you did!

If you have any more questions, feel free to drop me an email!

Good Luck, Keep the Blue Side UP!