PDA

View Full Version : NERC Software Upgrade 30Sep02

ghost-rider
30th Sep 2002, 18:43
OK guys 'n' girls ... as it's happening tonight ...

A) will it be a nightmare for us poor airline ops bods :rolleyes: , or ...

B) will it all go seemlessly and we won't notice a thing ! :eek:

I'm still suffering from PTSD after the last one I was on-shift for !

5milesbaby
30th Sep 2002, 21:59
Excuse me for sounding nieve, but how does a routine shutdown affect Airline Ops??? I know if it ends up failing things can get heated, but normally???????

ghost-rider
30th Sep 2002, 22:06
They have to reduce capacity quite severly and place loadsa regs on which makes life difficult for the airlines. Reroute or accept the delay !

Tonight we've had to avoid southern UK as much as possible ( not easy when trying to land at LTN & LGW ! ) as delays were up to 2hrs !

BDiONU
1st Oct 2002, 18:40
This will be a NAS upgrade if anything and shouldn't have affected you much.

The next two NERC upgrades will be:
1) Night of 6/7th Nov. New functionality to make the ATCO's life a bit easier, including pilot Requested Flight Levels and Auto-Accept not sorted until the P hits the tidy button.
2) Night of 27/28th Nov. Change to software due to Sector 7 (Irish Sea) being removed from LACC control.

We have learnt a lot of lessons on LACC shutdowns and the process is now quite mature, so you should find that the previous quite heavy restrictions are a little eased.

NERC Dweller
1st Oct 2002, 20:48
According to the list of FI's posted outside the OPS room NAS was taken out of service to allow for testing. There was most definitely not a NERC DDC last night.