PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Used Headsets

Piper Warrior Pilot
28th Sep 2002, 10:26
Hi there,

i am planning on buying a headset, and was wondering whether or not anyone on the forums have any second hand/used headsets for sale.

If anyone has then it would be great if you could contact me either by e-mail, private message or on the forum.

Thanks in advance guys

Kind regards

Evo
28th Sep 2002, 11:09
try www.thehangar.co.uk

Piper Warrior Pilot
28th Sep 2002, 11:14
Thanks Evo

Ive tried there and unfortunately there isnt anything available for what im looking for.

I am just after a cheap second hand headset for about 60 or 70 pounds.

I am on a very tight budget at the minute, lots of things to buy for college etc... but im determined to try to get a headset.

If anyone has anything which they are selling, please dont hesitate to contact me.

regards

Genghis the Engineer
28th Sep 2002, 12:26
PWP, understanding about budgets, I'd suggest firstly look at Harry Mendelssohn on http://www.harrymendelssohn.com/homeframe.html. I have one of their budget HM40 headsets, which are at-least as good as the basic David Clarkes at twice the price, and only very slightly over your budget at £85 (when I bought mine cotton covers and a headset bag came with them, I assume they still do the same).

Second, headsets come up quite often on eBay pilots gear at http://listings.ebay.co.uk/aw/plistings/list/category4783/index.html although no always at bargain prices. If you're buying one from eBay, check it will have the right plug, a lot of the cheaper ones are ex-mil sets which use a different system.

G

LowNSlow
29th Sep 2002, 04:23
I'd go for the HM-40s as well. I've had a brace of them for years and they are comfortable, effective and reliable. Don't look particularly flash in their matt black plastic but well worth the relatively small amount of beer tokens they cost. They do seem to suffer less from compatibility problems with other headsets/systems than some other makes do.