PDA

View Full Version : British Airways changed Airline

Frankfurt
27th Sep 2002, 14:25
I've been travelling with BA for the past 10 years both long and short haul. Before the year 1997 BA was fantastic the cabin crew and grouns staff gave excellent customer service it was a pleasure, but since after 1997 quite a few people have noticed that BA staff seems to have a poor attitude towards thier customers, I was checking in once a Manchester Airport then going on from Heathrow to Sinagpore, some of the Supervisor who you expect to set an example seem to have a miserable face as if they just simply didn't want to be there, when you ask them for help in what desk to check in they are sarcastic, the thing that annoyed me was I asked a lady who had a face like a wet lettuce for information on where to check in but she was to busy gossiping with here colleague but she finally had time to reply to my question, just as I was walking away I heard her say "for god sake can't they check the board"

I am quite dissapointed that such a good airline has gone down because of staff attitude, the product ideas are excellent but they should try and improve thier customer service and have the manners not to crtisize you behind your back.

The check in staff who checked me in was very nice, its a pitty she was not the supervisour.

bealine
28th Sep 2002, 10:50
I am sorry, once more, to have to apologise for my employers. It is, indeed, no coincidence that you notice a deterioration in service from 1997 onwards and any Senior Business Management of ANY company reading this thread - BEWARE - THE SAME THING COULD DESTROY YOUR BUSINESS!!!

British Airways, since privatisation, could do no wrong. Under Lord King, assisted by Colin Marshall (before his knighthood)everything BA touched turned to gold.

Lord King retired. Sir Colin took the reins. No problemo!!!

Enter one Robert Ayling, Sir Colin announced he was taking a "back seat" to pursue other avenues of interest. Robert Ayling took full control of a successful company with highly motivated and dynamic employees - most of whom were shareholders with a financial interest in the company. BA's profits were going from strength to strength - what was Robert Ayling's next move?

CUT STAFF SALARIES! (Remember BA was making the biggest profits in its history at that time!)

Down went morale overnight, and equally, down went sales!

What did Robert Ayling do next?

Painted the Tails! By squandering millions on a pointless flight of fancy, a message of arrogance was sent to all of our customers - "Look! We are making so much money at your expense, we can afford to be extravagant!" Naturally enough, our corporate clients started to look at their travel expenditure in a new light - particularly with the dawning of EasyJet, Ryanair and our own folly, Go!"

So now we have Skippy, who the press misguidedly label a people's person! Let me tell you, three times only has Skippy entered LGW and, NOT ONCE, has he spoken to any staff as he's breezed through!

Staff Morale in a business is everything - motivate your workforce and you'll succeed! Upset them at your peril!

B A is a good company, probably the best airline worldwide, with outstanding staff. Our power just needs harnessing by the right person!

King Midas had the ability to turn everything he touched to Gold, Robert Ayling had the ability to turn everything he touched into ****!

;)