PDA

View Full Version : WAG Aero Cuby

matspart3
26th Sep 2002, 18:52
Thinking of buying a share in one of these. Anybody flown/owned one? I'd appreciate any pointers.

Genghis the Engineer
26th Sep 2002, 20:17
Is that the type that suffered an in-flight break-up in NI about 3 years ago?

(http://www.aaib.dft.gov.uk/bulletin/mar00/gbvna.htm)

G

AMEX
26th Sep 2002, 22:00
Really matspart3 ? Is it because you have found a disguised way to build time towards the ATPL ? I mean with a share in an A/C the missus could then begin to think your intention to "invest" a few bob in a new career has just faded away. Of course that new toy could have her to believe you have set your mind on something more.... reasonable;) but in reality this could be a cunning way to decieve the poor, innocent, defensless lady of yours:p

You Sir, truly are a genius.

Now where do I see a picture of the animal ? Any link anyone ?

Bye :D :D :D

I have control
26th Sep 2002, 22:14
No, the Wag Aero CUBy is an entirely different aircraft, it's essentially a direct copy of a Piper Cub, and indistinguishable from a flying perspective.

paulc
27th Sep 2002, 07:12
Try www.Airliners.net - search for G-BLDD or picture ID 253336 for a picture taken at Popham earlier this year

Them thar hills
27th Sep 2002, 08:30
Matspart3

G-BLDD is an Acro-Trainer 150 hp, no flaps, good solid go-anywhere machine. A clipped wing Super Cub as near as dammit.

Will do 110 kts indicated if you can afford it !! Will also do amazingly slow speeds, don't be put off by the lack of flaps, it isn't a problem.

IF thats the one you mean. Further gen if you email me.

TTH

:)

matspart3
28th Sep 2002, 12:48
It's a WAG Aero Sport Trainer Cuby, according to the G-INFO database with a Continental O200 that could only dream of 150hp!! Wherever I go in this, I won't be going fast. It is a copy of a Piper Cub.
It looks like fun, affordable, no frills flying in a group that I know. I haven't flown a taildragger before nor 'group owned' so I'm just after some reassurance before I part with the cash!

AMEX
28th Sep 2002, 20:24
Looks lovely
http://www.airliners.net/photos/small/6/3/3/253336.jpg

Hey martparts3, if it is juts reassurance you are seeking, give me £1500 (Cash or cheques and cheaper than 2Ks) and I can provide some;)

I have control
28th Sep 2002, 23:33
I say "go for it" - my introduction to aviation was a group-owned Cub and it worked out very well. No worries about the plane, it is as good a start on taildraggers as you could wish for, just take care with the other group members!