PDA

View Full Version : What Licence do you require to fly a Jet Provost privately?

Jinkster
25th Sep 2002, 16:53
What Licence is required to fly a Jet Provost privately?

Just wondered - can they still be flown ;)

[email protected]

StrateandLevel
25th Sep 2002, 16:56
Private flying requires a PPL. In theory you need a type rating as its a Jet but the CAA will issue you with an exemption under CAP632 following suitable trainig.

Ray Ban
25th Sep 2002, 18:08
Jinkster,

Are you C---- from Sheff? Spent some time in Orlando earlier this year and now doing ATPLs at one of the big FTOs?

formationfoto
25th Sep 2002, 19:40
Can be flown on 'standard' PPL but I think now requires differnvces training as a 'complex' type.

Piper Warrior Pilot
25th Sep 2002, 21:16
Ah, Jet Provost, now theres an aeroplane. People looking for someone to have a share in it or something i think at Newcastle (EGNT). Definately one there though. I see it every week. Fantastic

distaff_beancounter
26th Sep 2002, 10:43
I hold a CAA PPL with CLASS ratings for SEP & MEP, & even as a female technophobe, I realise that the "P" stands for piston. I was also under the impression that jet engines don't have pistons.

SO ..... If I am allowed to fly a Jet Provest on my existing licence, after suitable difference training, then which CLASS rating does it come under? :confused:

mattpilot
26th Sep 2002, 13:32
thats why the ratings in the US are called ASEL & AMEL (aircraft single engine land, aircraft multi engine land)

we are smart :D :D :D

:cool:

StrateandLevel
26th Sep 2002, 15:28
As I said above Jets are TYPE rated, not Complex, or a Class!

Ex military Jets which do not have a defined JAA Type Rating can be flown on an Exemption to the ANO in accordance with CAP632 which relates to the operation of Ex Military Aircraft.

Jinkster
26th Sep 2002, 16:59
Yes thats right ray ban who are you?

Send me an email

Chris

eyeinthesky
27th Sep 2002, 17:09
If you follow the link below you might find some people who will be able to help you with regard to licensing.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53100