PDA

View Full Version : American Aviation Services

advancing_blade
25th Sep 2002, 12:08
any of you chaps & chapesses know a contact number for AAS. I have their old brochure which lists a Staverton number (01452 857757) but it's not accepted any more. If they have gone, can any one give ideas for taking the FAA computer ground exams in the UK (CPL-H & IR)

thanks

AB

Naples Air Center, Inc.
25th Sep 2002, 15:36
advancing_blade,

I believe this thread will answer your questions:

Closure of American Aviation Services Ltd (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8263)

Julia & Rory are great people, I hope they are doing well.

Take Care,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.

RotorHorn
26th Sep 2002, 08:00
Drop a PM to LongFinal.

I think he mentioned he's doing FAA exams in the North East (Humberside?).

Might be a bit of a trek for you though..

Are you doing the FAA exams in preference to JARS? Just interested because I'm thinking of comitting my kids inheritence to a CPL course in the not-to-distant future.... ;)

Bombjack
26th Sep 2002, 11:11
AB

Accoring to CABAIR's website, they will be able offer this service in the near future at there Blackbushe site - Unsure though if this is fixed wing only? I also would appretiate any further feedback on how you get on as I am looking at this route.

Good Luck

Bombjack

advancing_blade
26th Sep 2002, 19:36
Thanks for the input people

Rotorhorn: I am an exam addict maybee, cos I finnished the CAA CPL-H exams in March. However, as there is approximately no jobs at all in the UK, I have decided to do the CFII course and work in the sun for a while, unless all hell breaks loose, then I think there will be no students for anyone to teach :(

Rob_L
27th Sep 2002, 08:04
The name of the school at Humerside which does the FAA exams is Soloflight.

Go to their website www.soloflight.co.uk

PS They're very user friendly

advancing_blade
6th Nov 2002, 08:16
Thanks again for the info'

Rotor horn, yes Humberside is a bit of a trek, however, I may have to go that far.

I have been trying to get a response from Cabair, who evidently don't want to know. After 3 calls to them, the guy doing the FAA coarse, just doesn't get back to me. Is this typical of the company? or are they worth persevering with? I need to get the exams done by mid December. If any one knows of another FAA test centre closer than Humberside (and who may actually want / be bothered to do business), please tell

A-B

moku
6th Nov 2002, 08:22
I had the same problem with CABAIR not wanting to return calls/emails.
I am going to go somewhere else and do my ATPL ground... Thinking about OAT but have had the same problem with them. I am begining to think it is an industry wide problem over here... maybe another reason why so many people go to the US.

AC-DC
6th Nov 2002, 19:49
...and do not forget Tom at Norwich.

Flyin'Dutch'
6th Nov 2002, 21:37
Hi

Spoken to Melanie at Soloflight at Humberside. They can do the lot. They get an examiner over to this side of the pond for a number of people at the time to do the flighttest.

Did my written recently with Tom Hughston. Nice guy and professional outfit. Only did the exam done the homework myself and the Sportys DVD.

Worked well.

Just some more flying and the test (IR) to go.

FD