PDA

View Full Version : At Last

Piper Warrior Pilot
24th Sep 2002, 07:08
Finally, payday today and ive came out with enough for my PPL package, a few more bits and pieces and a flying lesson, maybe even two, not sure until friday. This is it, the journey begins

Kermit 180
24th Sep 2002, 07:30
Best of luck, its an interesting journey!

Kermie;)

Aussie Andy
24th Sep 2002, 07:30
Good on ya mate! Just in time for the weather to start changing, which can be frustrating, but my advice is: don't be in a rush, enjoy how long it takes to get your PPL... the more you learn, the safer you'll be when you get your license!

Have fun,

Evo
24th Sep 2002, 07:42
Yeah, enjoy - and well done for doing it off your own back. Took me a lot longer to manage that :)

One question, what's the "PPL package"? That box full of Thom books, pens, plotters and a whiz-wheel from Transair? If so, don't bother with that now - save your money for lessons. All you need at the start is Thom book 1 (or Pratt, if you prefer) and a logbook. Don't bother with the rest of the books until you do the exams (and remember that exam passes have a limited lifespan, which may be important if you are doing things slowly), the Nav kit until you're off on navexs etc. Ask around the clubhouse and you'll probably be able to pick up most of it secondhand from other students anyway....

sennadog
24th Sep 2002, 13:28
Enjoy yourself!:D

iainpoll
24th Sep 2002, 13:37
And look in the aircraft, you'll find loads of cool stuff others have left behind! Usually mine!:)