PDA

View Full Version : any 'minor' considerations before choosing a flying school?

Steps
22nd Sep 2002, 15:48
Hi,everyone ~

Probably I will be an overseas student to a US flying school in near future.Since I can't arrange a visit to the school,I can only seek my friends' advice and talk to the person in charge.I've considered major points while choosing, eg,instructors,location,weather,prices,insurance,aircrafts,h ousing etc.But still not really confidence...So can anyone of you share with me : any other points I've to alert or keep in mind before making final decision ?

Thanks in advance.

Gin Slinger
22nd Sep 2002, 15:58
For any overseas student doing flight training in the US, one of the most important points to consider is whether the school has Visa clearance.

See the Naples thread above.

a pilot
23rd Sep 2002, 04:17
visa is one,then the question is living costs,will you need a car,private pilot or more...flexibility of changing schools,refunding your money if you are not happy,will your license be good worldwide...many leave without their money and without a license,the quality of many schools is low,timebuilding instructors that are new and low paid,zero motivation,crappy planes,empty promises etc.,when you consider a school post it on a few pilot msg boards and get an opinion,look also at the safety records. www.ilsapproach.com www.flightinfo.com are very active boards and you ll get opinions same day...good luck and dont be shy to post the names of the schools...

Steps
23rd Sep 2002, 16:03
Thanks for the helpful info.

Well, I just imagine if I will still find out any disappointment immediately after starting the course,even though I believe I've tried my best to consider all possible points and made my best choice.

Is that common ~ I mean , disappointment appears right away due to you miss out tiny but important points during consideration ?

:confused: