PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me how to access the FCL document about the PPL skills test online?

Penguina
16th Sep 2002, 12:38
I have just had a very frustrating lunch hour trying to locate this little sod (I think it's called Document 19, isn't it?). I remember others on this forum discussing it (in slightly unfavourable terms) so I hope someone can help me; I would like to have a quick squizz at it. Is it available via the internet?

As for why I want to see it... I don't want to talk about it! :eek:

Way too terrifying!

Evo
16th Sep 2002, 12:50
Look here (http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/licensing/fcl/document.asp?groupid=190). It is Standards Document 19. Adobe Acrobat Reader required, of course.

However, the skills test isn't nearly as bad as that document makes it sound. :)

chilleruk1
16th Sep 2002, 16:27
Thanks for the reassurance Evo, my test is on Friday and my stomach is already tensing up!

Evo
16th Sep 2002, 16:36
Best of luck, Chiller - did mine two weeks ago today, and the little baby-poo coloured licence has just arrived. Who picked that colour? Why? WHY!?! :)

The test really isn't that bad, although that is one of the useless things that people who have done it say to people who haven't. Just ignore Standards Document 19 (that'll get me flamed by BEagle ;) ) because it makes it sound impossible to pass... :)

BEagle
16th Sep 2002, 17:33
Evo - congrats on your licence and no, no flaming from moi!

In reality, the PPL Skill Test is conducted by people who know that the 'applicant' will be as nervous as a kitten. Who won't ever have flown a test before. Or have flown for 2 1/2 - 3 hours without a break....

Nothing in the test will be new to you. Yes, Standards Document 19 makes it sound very forbidding - but it isn't. All we want to establish is that you're safe to take passengers flying on reasonably nice days. The Test gives us ways of assessing that - but just do your best and enjoy it. Most people do!

Don't forget - we want you to pass!

Penguina
17th Sep 2002, 07:51
Thank you very much Evo, and congratulations! Good luck to you chiller - tell us how it went. Hopefully I'm not too far behind. Wish it was already in the past...

Grim Reaper 14
17th Sep 2002, 10:50
Don't know anyone who hasn't got to the end of a GFT and thought, "What on earth was I all tense and stressed about?!"

You'll ace it, we already know that, we just have to convince you!:D ;)

chilleruk1
17th Sep 2002, 12:33
Penguina
Thanks for the luck wishes, I'm sure you will enjoy the rest of your training as much as I have. Isn't it great to know you can fly?!

BEagle and Grim
I very much appreciate the support.

I'll let y'all know how it goes...

chilleruk1
19th Sep 2002, 16:13
Thanks a lot guys, the test was bumped up to Thursday :eek: but I passed! Phew!

V.relieved...

All the best for your training Penguina and I can agree that you shouldn't get too stressed out by the FCL doc. Just fly how you've been trained to and TRY to relax.

Thanks again for the support guys, I really appreciate it.

BEagle
19th Sep 2002, 17:29
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Very well done indeed - and good luck to you as well, Penguina, when it's your turn!!

LowNSlow
20th Sep 2002, 06:34
Congratulations chilleruk1 welcome to the 100 quid cup of coffee club :D :D

Grim Reaper 14
20th Sep 2002, 08:20
TWF!!!

See you up there:D :D :D

Penguina
20th Sep 2002, 11:58
Big congratulations to you chilleruk!!! Thanks for the good wishes - hope to be joining you all up there before too long!