PDA

View Full Version : Airwings Services Ltd Uk

ZAZOO
14th Sep 2002, 14:29
Well it looks like the rumours that have been going around have actaully come out to be true about this new agreement between Airwings and Nigeria.

Can anybody tell me who Airwings are, I would appreciate any info on this company, as there seem to be a lot of mixed feelings on this whole issue about their partnership with Airways.

Regards
Zazoo

Pilots Laud Resuscitation of Air Nigeria
By Gbenga Olorunsiwa

NIGERIAN pilots have lauded the federal government's joint venture agreement with Airwing Aerospace of the United Kingdom that resulted in the resuscitation of Air Nigeria Plc.

According to the pilots through their letter addressed to the President, the commencement of operations of Air Nigeria Plc, which was registered in 1993, with the proactive support of Airwing Aerospace and Singapore Airlines, undisputedly the world's most successful airline, will mark a new development in the history of Nigeria's aviation industry. They wrote under the umbrella of guild of Air Pilots and Navigators (GAPAN).

They also recalled the woes of the moribund Nigeria Airways, with dilapidated airplanes which are beyond economic repairs and low staff morale among reasons why there was urgent need for the Government to proffer lasting solution to the problem of evolving a new, viable and profitable national carrier which will become Africa's flagship hence the Joint Venture agreement with the Singaporeans "which will open the option on new fleet to satisfy the presently active routes and ensure the re opening and reactivation of previously closed but lucrative routes."

The body have further discovered from independent investigation that Airwing Services Limited U.K which registered Airwing Aerospace as a special purpose vehicle for the joint venture transaction is managed by able hands in the aviation industry. It also added that GTs power, which made the initial proposal on the new Airline to the federal Government, is still on course in its dealings with the federal ministry of Mines and Power on power generation from Ajaokuta.

Boss Raptor
14th Sep 2002, 19:24
Linked apparently, according to the UK press, to Airwing at Coventry Airport, man called 'Av Manku' an aircraft dealer...

Clearly more to this than meets the eye, rumoured to be a few wealthy Nigerians behind the whole thing. From what I can see the mechanics of the deal stink and the practicalities are improbable/impossible...

You obviously know the political objections and legalities already Zazoo...

http://www.airwing2000.com

Yet they have already recruited a team of Malaysian Airlines execs. to run the thing...but they haven't been told when they are to travel yet!

PS. Dont think being ex MA has prepared these guys for Nigeria Airways and the wrath of the employees!!

ZAZOO
15th Sep 2002, 16:00
Thanks Boss, checking the site out now.

I feel terrible about the whole thing already, just when some of us thought we had something good going on here!!!

So whats the way out for Airways Boss, how do we get it going again at least to begin with a few machines and technical advice in all areas of its management:( :(

Regards
Zazoo

Boss Raptor
15th Sep 2002, 16:42
Air Nigeria as per the original Capt. Joji 1993 plan - not just being used as a means to another end like this...one has to ask that after the 'investors' have obtained the land for the hotel etc. what motivation is there to keep the project going...and just who are GT Power...no-one seems to know!

Soddit
15th Sep 2002, 18:27
I wonder if this could be the same Avtar Manku who was ( if memory serves ) a line technician for Jersey European at Exeter around 1986?