PDA

View Full Version : Chipmunk Instruction

elmorejames
11th Sep 2002, 18:07
Does anybody know of any current chipmunk instructors/examiners available in the South East? They seem very thin on the ground. (well maybe that's because they're up in the air...) Thank you.

formationfoto
11th Sep 2002, 21:42
I think Dennis Neville offers instruction on the ARC Chipmunk at Duxford although this might just be for people buying a chippy from them. John Romaine at ARC could advise.

ppl(a)
12th Sep 2002, 17:23
The British Airways Flying Club at Wycombe Air Park (Booker of old) have at least one Chipmonk, and a couple of Instructors available to train on it.

Telephone 01494 529262

I have it booked for Thursday 19 - hope the weather holds, and the aircraft is serviceable.

£10 Temporary membership of BA Flying Club for a month .
Just under £150 wet per hour with Instructor.

foxmoth
12th Sep 2002, 18:15
If you have the aircraft I can do this for you, I am mainly Goodwood based but will look at travelling as long as it is not to far or to often (mainly instruct DH82a but with extensive tailwheel including the DHC1).

Evo
12th Sep 2002, 18:43
foxmoth - what do you instruct in at Goodwood? My licence is still 'in the post' (come ON CAA!) and I'm planning on just enjoying for a bit, but will be looking for a change from the PA-28 in due course :)

foxmoth
13th Sep 2002, 07:40
Evo,
Not full time (flying bigger things to earn the dosh) but a bit on the Robins for both Plessey and Vectair (including aeros instruction) plus Tiger Moths for both Mithril and privately.
Sometimes in the clubhouse wearing brown flying suit with a yellow moth badge, come & say hi.

Fast Erect
13th Sep 2002, 08:26
Is it brown to hide the post flight evidence?:p

WO
13th Sep 2002, 12:41
I think Southern flight centre at Shoreham still has a Chippie that's available for hire/instruction

WO

Sleeve Wing
15th Sep 2002, 19:04
Hello EJ.
If you can provide the aircraft and White Waltham (6 grass runways) is more convenient for you, why not give Upside-Down Flying Services Ltd. a shout on 0118 977 1528. - stacks of current tailwheel instruction from Tiger Moth thro' Super Cub via Jodel, CAP10, Zlin 526 and the like, including Chipmunk.
Good luck. You 'll never regret flying a real aeroplane ! ;) ;) ;)